The Student Room Group

Statistics Probability - Tree Diagrams

There are 15 coloured beads in a bag; seven beads are red, three are blue and five are green. Three beads are selected at random from the bag and not replaced. Find the probability that

a the first and second beads chosen are red and the third bead is blue or green,

b one red, one blue and one green bead are chosen.

How would the tree diagram look like, help please? - I've hated tree diagrams since gcse
Reply 1
Original post by Cool-Light
There are 15 coloured beads in a bag; seven beads are red, three are blue and five are green. Three beads are selected at random from the bag and not replaced. Find the probability that

a the first and second beads chosen are red and the third bead is blue or green,

How would the tree diagram look like, help please? - I've hated tree diagrams since gcse

Do you have to use a tree diagram? It is much easier without one.
Reply 2
Original post by BabyMaths

Could you explain it to me step by step =S?
Reply 3

Or provide me with a link on utube, with similar content such as the in the OP
Reply 4

after u read my comments your face = :eek:

hehe :biggrin:
Reply 5
Hehe put this together with powerpoint
Tree.png
Basically, its *Number of Colour*/*Total Number of Stuff*. And, as you remove marbles, the total number of stuff decreases and the number of marbles that specific colour decreases.

Hope this helps :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by PeterTheHe
Hehe put this together with powerpoint
Tree.png
Basically, its *Number of Colour*/*Total Number of Stuff*. And, as you remove marbles, the total number of stuff decreases and the number of marbles that specific colour decreases.

Hope this helps :biggrin:

Thank you very much, appreciate you giving ur time up to help others :biggrin:
Original post by Cool-Light

Hereis the beginning of the tree diagram. Can you complete these two stages and add a third. Don't forget that when working out each probability you have to take account of what has already been drawn

Quick Reply

Latest