The Student Room Group

AQA MPC3 / MPC4 June 2014

(edited 5 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Just found this. I'm doing these exams with M1 and so far it's ok.

How far have you got up to?
Are you finding these specific modules hard?
Which other modules are you doing this year?
Reply 2
Original post by NishNashNosh94
Don't think anyone's started a thread yet on this...
Feel free to discuss past papers, revision tips, websites etc. :smile:

Reply 3
hello everyone, i need help with exponential growth nd decay questions as i turn absolutely blank when i come across them:frown: thanks a lot, any help is appreciated
Reply 4
Original post by kiyubi
hello everyone, i need help with exponential growth nd decay questions as i turn absolutely blank when i come across them:frown: thanks a lot, any help is appreciated

What are you specifically finding hard about it dude?
The best I can say is past paper questions are the way forward, and read the question carefully. Try and think about it in a context you understand and work on from there.
Look at what you have worked out in previous questions and concentrate on your signs! The questions are usually interlinked :smile:
Goodluck!
Reply 5
Original post by WheezyT
What are you specifically finding hard about it dude?
The best I can say is past paper questions are the way forward, and read the question carefully. Try and think about it in a context you understand and work on from there.
Look at what you have worked out in previous questions and concentrate on your signs! The questions are usually interlinked :smile:
Goodluck!

Thank you for the advice ill take that forward
the grade boundaries for recent exams are insanely low like 59 for 90 ums !! I wish it is the same how is everyone coping with c4
Reply 7
i did mpc3 and mpc4 this time last year and got 79 and 100 respectively. the average between the two exams comes out at 79.5% meaning i missed out on my A* - total skank. resitting the upcoming mpc3 for fun really.
Reply 8
Original post by mnyh
i did mpc3 and mpc4 this time last year and got 79 and 100 respectively. the average between the two exams comes out at 79.5% meaning i missed out on my A* - total skank. resitting the upcoming mpc3 for fun really.

I think you meant 89.5%! :colondollar:
which C3 exams do you guys find hard? I'm sitting this exam for the 3rd time so I know my stuff!Aiming for an A* & just need a good paper to do... Any suggestions?
Reply 10
Original post by a123a
I think you meant 89.5%! :colondollar:

Silly me...
Reply 11
I Got this MPC4 exam today mayne
MPC4 was decent, I kinda wanted an A* but i dont think i got 90 UMS aha
Original post by Kamal_Voltaic
MPC4 was decent, I kinda wanted an A* but i dont think i got 90 UMS aha

Mate don't stress it, I couldn't finish the exam I didn't have enough time all the questions were do able it just timing got me. Everyone in my class who took the exam couldn't finish the whole paper. I reckon 58 for A* on this exam.
Original post by JohnnyFranklin
Mate don't stress it, I couldn't finish the exam I didn't have enough time all the questions were do able it just timing got me. Everyone in my class who took the exam couldn't finish the whole paper. I reckon 58 for A* on this exam.

I managed to finish so that's a plus. I mean, I only need an A for my Uni offer, but here's hoping an A* will be as low as you said :smile:
Original post by Kamal_Voltaic
I managed to finish so that's a plus. I mean, I only need an A for my Uni offer, but here's hoping an A* will be as low as you said :smile:

Same I need an A for my uni offer, what you studying and what uni. :biggrin: To be honest im not stressing it, just rather annoyed I never finished every question, I had like half an hour left and decided to just do all the big marker questions. What did you get for the last question f(x)= g(x), I got a log multiplying log.
I thought it was a hard paper. For me, they threw in a lot of curve balls which I didn't really know how to deal with
Reply 17
It definitely want nice... i finished in time, but i think i made a lot of stupid mistakes
Original post by JohnnyFranklin
Same I need an A for my uni offer, what you studying and what uni. :biggrin: To be honest im not stressing it, just rather annoyed I never finished every question, I had like half an hour left and decided to just do all the big marker questions. What did you get for the last question f(x)= g(x), I got a log multiplying log.

yup, i got a log multiplied by logs as well, and i'm hoping to study Physics at Surrey. What about you? :smile:
Reply 19
Can anyone help me with this question please?

Use the simpsons rule, with five ordinate (four strips) to calculate an estimate for

x^(0.5)sinx dx between 0 and pie.

Quick Reply

Latest