This offer is subject to you obtaining... help!! Watch

ddivinity
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello my first uni just replayed me, and they offer me a conditional offer:
This offer is subject to you obtaining IELTS 6.0 no band less than 5.5/TOEFL-i 80 or equivalent.
I already did the IELTS obtaining 6.5 but with a band of 5.0 basically the score was 7,0/6.5/6.5/5.0
Does this mean that I have to retake the exam? Do you know if they can close one eye just for 0.5 point??
Add!ction
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
E-mail them and ask, but I would say yes.
baits28
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ddivinity)
Hello my first uni just replayed me, and they offer me a conditional offer:
This offer is subject to you obtaining IELTS 6.0 no band less than 5.5/TOEFL-i 80 or equivalent.
I already did the IELTS obtaining 6.5 but with a band of 5.0 basically the score was 7,0/6.5/6.5/5.0
Does this mean that I have to retake the exam? Do you know if they can close one eye just for 0.5 point??
I had an issue with the wording of my offer and qualifications. I phoned up and spoke to admissions and they got back to me the same day and updated the offer. Just give them a buzz.
ddivinity
Rep:
?
(Original post by baits28)
I had an issue with the wording of my offer and qualifications. I phoned up and spoke to admissions and they got back to me the same day and updated the offer. Just give them a buzz.
I emailed them and they told me I have to redo the test. What was your problem?
baits28
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by ddivinity)
I emailed them and they told me I have to redo the test. What was your problem?
My offer was on successful completion of my HND (2 year) even though I'm just doing my first year atm (HNC). So pleased they changed it.

Will you be able to retake your test before September? What course have you applied for?
ddivinity
Rep:
?
I'll wait for the others unis to replay if all of them ask me to do the test again I will, even if it cost 200 euro. Edinburgh Napier refuse me yesterday and I'm applying for criminology
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's your favourite genre?

Rock (203)
23.52%
Pop (214)
24.8%
Jazz (33)
3.82%
Classical (48)
5.56%
Hip-Hop (166)
19.24%