The Student Room Group

Micro teaching session

I have an interview for a Primary Education course and i've been asked to prepare a micro teaching session for my peers that relates to primary teaching. I can't use any IT/resources/visual aids etc. and it has to be 5 minutes long.

My problem is ideas, the one idea I have so far is teaching the differences between there/their/they're but i'm not sure how i'd keep it going for 5 minutes as well as engaging the group.

Any ideas/tips would be appreciated.
Original post by Shannara
I have an interview for a Primary Education course and i've been asked to prepare a micro teaching session for my peers that relates to primary teaching. I can't use any IT/resources/visual aids etc. and it has to be 5 minutes long.

My problem is ideas, the one idea I have so far is teaching the differences between there/their/they're but i'm not sure how i'd keep it going for 5 minutes as well as engaging the group.

Any ideas/tips would be appreciated.

It sounds an appropriate idea. 5 minutes is no time at all so don't worry about filling it.
Reply 2
Original post by Mr M
It sounds an appropriate idea. 5 minutes is no time at all so don't worry about filling it.

Any tips on how to engage the group? Never done a micro teaching session before and only ever had teaching experience with primary aged children so i'm about confused as to how to go about it
Original post by Shannara
Any tips on how to engage the group? Never done a micro teaching session before and only ever had teaching experience with primary aged children so i'm about confused as to how to go about it

They'll participate properly as it will be their turn later and they'll want you to do the same for them. You will have to get things badly wrong to lose your audience in 5 minutes.
Reply 4
Original post by Mr M
They'll participate properly as it will be their turn later and they'll want you to do the same for them. You will have to get things badly wrong to lose your audience in 5 minutes.

All right thanks
Reply 5
Can anyone give me ideas on what to do for my micro teach session?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending