The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Adult Nursing Surrey Interviews

Hello,
I have my surrey interview for adult nursing in a couple of weeks and I was wondering what it's like, what sort of questions they ask you and what the English and maths tests are like? Thank you 😊
I am thinking about surrey for 2015/16 entry So I would also like to know about this
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Original post by sophieward21
Hello,
I have my surrey interview for adult nursing in a couple of weeks and I was wondering what it's like, what sort of questions they ask you and what the English and maths tests are like? Thank you 😊

Hi, I have accepted an offer for mental health nursing at Surrey.

The maths and English tests will probably be similar if not the same. Its GCSE level.

I would advise revising fractions, ratio's, percentages and how to change decimal numbers to fractions (eg: 0.5 is 1/2), fractions to percentages and percentages to decimals. They should have some examples on the website or on the selection day information that they normally send. If you can do the example, you'll be able to do the real ones.

For the English tests, we watched a video about a carer looking after a family member with dementia. (If you have to watch one, it may be slightly different hence the one I watched was aimed at mental health nursing)

After the video, we were given 3 questions about what type of problems a carer looking after a family member may experience, such as financial, social and emotional.

I wouldn't worry too much about the English and maths, they are fairly easy. Just make sure you revise maths.

With the interview, the questions you get may be slightly different to mine. But generally they will ask the following:
1)Why do you want to study nursing/become a nurse.
2) What challenges do you think a nurse would face?
3)What is compassionate care?
4) Why do you want to study at Surrey?
5)Why adult nursing and not child or mental health etc?
6)How do you manage stress?
7)What are the 6c's?
8) What would make you a good nurse?

Ps: if they say ask you "tell me about your self? I would suggest mentioning what you've studied, any experience relevant to nursing. If you don't have relevant experience, then point out transferable skills (eg: teamwork from working in retail, customer service, other courses,volunteering)

I hope that helps. :-)
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by New- Emperor
I am thinking about surrey for 2015/16 entry So I would also like to know about this

Hi, please see my response to sophieward21 above this post. If you have any other questions, feel free to ask me. :-)

Quick Reply

Latest