Year ten grades falling? Bad attendance 80-85% HELP? Watch

Magicaltoaster
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Okay, where to start? Well Im 14 and I have iron level problems, insomnia and stomach problems (spasms, bowel problems, swelling,etc). I do see the doctor every few weeks as my parents are quite scared that I am getting worse. I am on tablets for my stomach but thats all. But this means that since year 9, Ive had bad attendance. I ended last year on 92% attendance. This year I am up and down last time I checked I was dramatically improving as I was forcing myself in to school and it went from 85% to 88% over a few weeks. But since Ive had a couple of days off as I have gotten worse in my health. It really upsets me as I feel like I am throwing away what I had. I started secondary school with grades of 6c where the average was 4c-5c. But in year nine I started to struggle more with work and illness became more regular (although it was very mild). I ended year 9 being below targets. Then this year its all gone downhill. I am blabbering so I'll try and be quick. My end of KS4 predicted grades are: (*1 means high chance of getting higher 2* means strong *3 weak)
History: c1 (as I am often not in lesson, in the exams I got 23/24 marks A*)
English: B1 (I need to improve my writing skills)
English literature: A2-3
English in strict mini tests I got a C and she said my ideas were a* quality its just my writing skills that let me down.
Maths-B1
We did a test and I had missed a lot of it even with the work i did at home and I was 8 marks off a B. I know its still early days but I went home and cried.
Science: A3 used to be A1
I started the year with mini tests scoring As, A*s and Bs. Then......now its Bs.....
and the odd C.
These I shall do quickly
Sociology I just joined and the grade hasn't been fully put down yet
Art: B1 (I messed my book up my next book at easter will be better)
German: B1
R.E: B3 (its a stupid teacher, I got a A on the tests but she wont change my grade)
I don't know if Ive missed any lessons out there....
My friends are all happy and healthy and getting the grades that i should of been getting too and its really upsetting me. I have been ill today and yesterday with my stomach going 100% of the rail and I still feel sick. Im scared ill be ill 3 days. Im scared my attendance will drop to 80% or lower....
Does it matter?
Will I do okay?
Am I doing okay?
beckyrebecca
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would suggest asking teachers to send you work for the subject if you know you wont be in one day and learn it whilst you are at home, if this isn't possible then you could just try and self teach yourself the things you are missing.
WinstonO'Brien
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
80% attendance is okay
Ava-
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Your attendance isn't terrible- don't worry too much. Just make sure your school knows fully what is going on, and that you can't help it. Get friends to tell you about homework so you can keep on top of it.
Are you studying for GCSE's? Make sure you are in for all subjects where you have coursework for; if this is impossible, the school should be able to rearrange it for you, in your circumstances.
When it comes to exams, try and spend as much time when you are off school revising from the books. Do lots and lots of past papers, then give them to your teachers to mark for you (they hopefully shouldn't mind if they know you are worried about your grades.)
Hope I helped.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of West London
    Postgraduate Open Day - Ealing Site Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Jun '19
  • University of Warwick
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19
  • University of Bath
    Find out about life at the University and discover our diverse range of Undergraduate courses. Our course areas include the Sciences, Humanities & Social Sciences, Engineering & Design, and Management. Undergraduate
    Fri, 21 Jun '19

How did your AQA A-level Chemistry Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (46)
29.11%
The paper was reasonable (79)
50%
Not feeling great about that exam... (17)
10.76%
It was TERRIBLE (16)
10.13%

Watched Threads