The Student Room Group

Psychology A2 - Edexcel - Summer 2014 Exams (Unit 3 + 4)

Hey guys, anyone taking the Psychology unit 3 and 4 this summer?

Any revision tips? Which parts are your favourite?
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Also, if you want the 2013 papers, I can get them for you - just quote me :yep:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 2
I'm taking it , for revision im doing summaries of each study on revision cards :smile: No favourite part right now it's so much work!
Reply 3
Original post by JackBlack
I'm taking it , for revision im doing summaries of each study on revision cards :smile: No favourite part right now it's so much work!

How much info do you put on each card? I find I put way too much on the card... but there is so much to remember!! :tongue: Yeah same actually, I just feel like I have to cram so much info. All the studies melt my brain :lol:
Reply 4
Well im putting as much as possible! ;D You're right there's way too much! But im starting off by writing each study down, who its by and the sample. Then once I've learned all them, im adding the aim to each card and learning that. Then im gonna keep adding to the cards and learning little chunks at a time :smile: until i've learnt everything. I hope it works :biggrin:
Reply 5
Well im putting as much as possible! ;D You're right there's way too much! But im starting off by writing each study down, who its by and the sample. Then once I've learned all them, im adding the aim to each card and learning that. Then im gonna keep adding to the cards and learning little chunks at a time :smile: until i've learnt everything. I hope it works :biggrin:

There is! Studies like Ainsworth take up so much space! And all the evaluation too :lol:

Yeah, and then reduce the info down until you get to key words that help trigger information :yep:

What have you covered so far? We've done unit 3, and most of unit 4 apart from Issues and Debates, which we're starting soon :tongue:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 6
i don't even know where to start.. it's now march. retake in may, unit 3 and 4 in summer. I don't think revision cards will work for me with this amount of information??
Reply 7
Original post by lozjames1
i don't even know where to start.. it's now march. retake in may, unit 3 and 4 in summer. I don't think revision cards will work for me with this amount of information??

Which one are you retaking? Unit 1 or 2?

Yeah, there is so so much to learn! I make revision notes and then use key words for revision cards. Which topics in 3 and 4 do you think are hardest/most to learn?
Reply 8
Original post by lozjames1

Bump :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by saraw26
There is! Studies like Ainsworth take up so much space! And all the evaluation too :lol:

Yeah, and then reduce the info down until you get to key words that help trigger information :yep:

What have you covered so far? We've done unit 3, and most of unit 4 apart from Issues and Debates, which we're starting soon :tongue:

Ooops sorry about not replying :frown: It turns out im not doing the same exam board as you :frown:
Reply 10
Ooops sorry about not replying :frown: It turns out im not doing the same exam board as you :frown:

Haha no probs. Ah, which one are you on? :tongue:
Original post by saraw26
Haha no probs. Ah, which one are you on? :tongue:

OCR ahah :P
Reply 12
Has anyone got any tips for remembering supporting or opposing studies?
Reply 13
Original post by saraw26
Also, if you want the 2013 papers, I can get them for you - just PM me :yep:

Can I have them please?:biggrin::smile:
Reply 14
Original post by Luce1996
Has anyone got any tips for remembering supporting or opposing studies?

colour coding works for me - green for positives and red of negatives. I think just generally writing it out a few times helps to process it :smile:

Original post by Luce1996
Can I have them please?:biggrin::smile:

Yep, give me two mins :smile:
Reply 15
wer is the thread for unit 2 edexcel psychology plzzzz some one help :'(
Reply 16
Original post by macey90
wer is the thread for unit 2 edexcel psychology plzzzz some one help :'(

All I can find is this:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2342039&page=4&highlight=unit+2+edexcel+psychology
Reply 17
is no one taking unit2 like :frown:
Reply 19
Original post by saraw26
Bump :smile:

any tips for unit 2 if u remeber 😳 i really need help!!!! know any website for gd notes am so worried ive ben studying from that orange book n wen did past papers have the stuff i studied not even given the marking schem am freaking out plus am self studying this subject :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending