JustaDreamer
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hey guys

For my AQA AS Literature course i'm doing Skirrid Hill as my poetry collection by Owen Sheers. Unlike in GCSE, i haven't been able to find many online sources about the poems in his collection, so i was wondering if anyone has ideas that they're willing to share and discuss?

Thanks
SlappinFace
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JustaDreamer)
Hey guys

For my AQA AS Literature course i'm doing Skirrid Hill as my poetry collection by Owen Sheers. Unlike in GCSE, i haven't been able to find many online sources about the poems in his collection, so i was wondering if anyone has ideas that they're willing to share and discuss?

Thanks
From what I can remember in my first year, there are running themes throughout his poetry. One of the main ones relates to the idea of traditional skills and practical trades, such as chefs and farriers. He often incorporates some relation to nature in his work as well, often discussing change relating to nature or how man is shaping it. The final main theme I can remember deals with family and relationships, so relating to heritage, marriage and sexuality.

Hope this makes sense and is useful to you
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (18)
7.35%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (37)
15.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (44)
17.96%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (35)
14.29%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (64)
26.12%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (47)
19.18%

Watched Threads