The Student Room Group
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester

Worcester Uni art

Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone does an art related course at Worcester uni and what it's like as a place to live e.g. night-life accommodation etcetera?

I have a conditional offer and want to go but I'm undecided as it's so far away.
Original post by burnt-toast
What it's like as a place to live e.g. night-life accommodation etcetera?

Worcester is one of the quieter cities (I didn't realise how quiet it was until I moved from Cheltenham to here!), it has a good night life for a quiet city but one of the bigger cities would be a lot more epic. The only chain pubs in Worcester city centre are: Slug & Lettuce / Wetherspoons. No chain nightclubs or anything else.

The accommodation is very nice, sometimes expensive if you go for halls. They offer managed housing (I'm in that) which is off campus but close enough to walk and it take less than 15 minutes.

The shops are quite small but they have the main ones.

To be honest, with an arts degree I'm not sure if you'll have a lot of spare time. I'm doing a digital arts course (Graphic Design) and we get about 3 hours work a week from our main lectures. :frown:

If you have any questions then quote me and I'll get back to you ASAP.
On campus at University of Worcester
University of Worcester
Worcester
Original post by burnt-toast
Hey, I'm just wondering if anyone does an art related course at Worcester uni and what it's like as a place to live e.g. night-life accommodation etcetera?

I have a conditional offer and want to go but I'm undecided as it's so far away.

how far is far, i'm from kent/essex and moved to worcester for university in september

I LOVE IT HERE. such a beautiful city and wonderful uni.

can't comment on your course as i myself nor anyone i know does an art subject
Original post by jadeannalis

I can at least +1 to that.

I'm originally from Cornwall too, btw.
Reply 4
Original post by jadeannalis
how far is far, i'm from kent/essex and moved to worcester for university in september

can't comment on your course as i myself nor anyone i know does an art subject

I live in Durham so about 5 hours by car
Reply 5
Original post by Roving Fish
Worcester is one of the quieter cities (I didn't realise how quiet it was until I moved from Cheltenham to here!), it has a good night life for a quiet city but one of the bigger cities would be a lot more epic. The only chain pubs in Worcester city centre are: Slug & Lettuce / Wetherspoons. No chain nightclubs or anything else.

The accommodation is very nice, sometimes expensive if you go for halls. They offer managed housing (I'm in that) which is off campus but close enough to walk and it take less than 15 minutes.

The shops are quite small but they have the main ones.

To be honest, with an arts degree I'm not sure if you'll have a lot of spare time. I'm doing a digital arts course (Graphic Design) and we get about 3 hours work a week from our main lectures. :frown:

If you have any questions then quote me and I'll get back to you ASAP.

Ok thankyou that's really helpful, would you say the work load is too much then? And what do you been by quite haha? As in never many people out?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending