purplesmurf
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Anyone else had a period over two weeks long on nexplanon?
Was on Cerazette before and told that because I had no periods on that it was reasonable to presume i wouldn't age on this either. But just had on for two weeks two days.... It's wiped me out :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Advertisement
Elelia
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I had my period for the first few months of having nexplanon. Then it completely stopped and i've only had 3 or so other preiods (in periods of extreme stress) since in the last 4 and a half years, including a replacement.
iJess
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Yep its normal. I got told as I'd had no bleeding on other contraception I wouldn't on nexplanon, how wrong they were. First few months no bleeding then AFTER the six months I bled non stop for months until I'd had enough and had it taken out. I should have tried to stick it out really, probably will try it again when I go to uni
Advertisement
Shorty94
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've had absolutely no bleeding whatsoever.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hcreed
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've had nexplanon since November of 2012 and I've never had the following problems before. Ever since getting nexplanon when I take antibiotics I get bad yeast infections now. And here recently I've had this irritating symptom that's driving me crazy!!!! Where my vagina meets above the clit (sorry I don't know how else to describe it) kinda where it looks like ^ there's been a sorta cut like thing? Looks raw or something? Went to my obgyn multiple times... Did all the test nothing came back. Not sure if it's the hormones causing skin thinning or tearing or what?!?! I've been with the same man for 7 years and like I said the std test all came back negative...
Advertisement
Tiger1993
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have been on Nexplanon for just under a year, I went on it straight from being on Cerazette (progesterone only pill) for 2 and a half years. I had no bleeding with cerazette and continued to have no bleeding with Nexplanon until yesterday, has anyone else experienced this? I have read that it can sometimes happen because the hormone levels drop slightly after a year but I am unsure whether to go see a Doctor or not or if this is completely normal.
gemmam
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I know someone who said she used to get periods lasting six weeks when she had it.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Advertisement
snowflake65
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
hi my name is cindy i am 22 years old at the age of 11 i started my period i started out doing depo then i did birth control pills and then i got nexplanon the nexplanon made my heart issues worse made me really moody and i allready have mood swings cause i have adhd and bipolar the nexplanon made me gain weight made me feel like i couldnt breathe it made me over eat it made me not want to drink water and i was drinking more soda two days ago i removed the arm implant and took it out of my arm and since then i havent had anymore of the issues i was having i am hyperglycemic lactose intolerant and i have tachycardia which is not acting up anymore cause i removed the nexplanon i help this helps other people to read my review on nexplanon my periods are so bad to were i cant make it to the toilet ive ruined multiple pairs of clothes and my period is still really bad ive had anger and acne and deppression from nexplanon made me feel bloated i felt nauseated and dizzy and felt constantly hot like i was burning
Last edited by snowflake65; 4 months ago
snowflake65
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Tiger1993)
I have been on Nexplanon for just under a year, I went on it straight from being on Cerazette (progesterone only pill) for 2 and a half years. I had no bleeding with cerazette and continued to have no bleeding with Nexplanon until yesterday, has anyone else experienced this? I have read that it can sometimes happen because the hormone levels drop slightly after a year but I am unsure whether to go see a Doctor or not or if this is completely normal.
yes go to snowflake65 and read my experience that i had while on nexplanon
Advertisement
snowflake65
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by purplesmurf)
Was on Cerazette before and told that because I had no periods on that it was reasonable to presume i wouldn't age on this either. But just had on for two weeks two days.... It's wiped me out :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
yes
snowflake65
Rep:
?
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by purplesmurf)

Posted from TSR Mobile
go to snowflake65 and read my experience i had while on nexplanon
Advertisement
SamanthaJW
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 2 weeks ago
Yes 100%. I’ve had them a month long
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What are you most likely to do if you don't get the grades you were expecting?

Go through Clearing (89)
38.36%
Take autumn exams (76)
32.76%
Look for a job (6)
2.59%
Consider an apprenticeship (8)
3.45%
Take a year out (39)
16.81%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (14)
6.03%

Watched Threads