The Student Room Group

Is cheating (in ISA's/controlled assessments) ever acceptable?

If you take work home (when it's high control/only meant to be done in class) and complete it there and then swap it back at school is that acceptable?

Personally I think it's cheating- rules are put in place to make the controlled assessment fair/stop people having an advantage- and I'd never dream of doing something like that, however many of my friends disagree with me/write CA essays at home without any remorse. Is my view in the minority/too uptight?

Would you ever cheat/"bend the rules"/have you?
Reply 1
No, I think it's very wrong and can't be justified! Some of the classes at my school basically get given the answers. I have had quite a few arguments with teachers about this! :/

If you cheat you'll get caught out later anyway in some way!
I have never and I would never cheat, I don't know it just doesn't sit right with me, because even if I cheated and did amazing I'd feel like I didn't deserve it. I'd prefer to do well the right way :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 3
Original post by maestrocam
No, I think it's very wrong and can't be justified! Some of the classes at my school basically get given the answers. I have had quite a few arguments with teachers about this! :/

If you cheat you'll get caught out later anyway in some way!

exactly my thoughts. :biggrin:

it also devalues the grades of the people who achieved their best without cheating which i think is incredibly unfair.
Reply 4
Original post by l.evans124
exactly my thoughts. :biggrin:

it also devalues the grades of the people who achieved their best without cheating which i think is incredibly unfair.

Yes. Same! But these people will struggle when someone says 'Oh, as you're the only one with an A* in Geography, do this for me' and they're sweating because they have no idea what to do! :P
Reply 5
Original post by maestrocam
Yes. Same! But these people will struggle when someone says 'Oh, as you're the only one with an A* in Geography, do this for me' and they're sweating because they have no idea what to do! :P

ahahah exactly, they get their "comeuppance" in some ways i suppose:wink: i might start asking people who i know have cheated in CA's for help and then remind them of their "impressive" achievements, just to make them sweat it out(:<
Reply 6
Original post by l.evans124
ahahah exactly, they get their "comeuppance" in some ways i suppose:wink: i might start asking people who i know have cheated in CA's for help and then remind them of their "impressive" achievements, just to make them sweat it out(:<

Haha. DO IT! That's something I might try actually! :P

Quick Reply

Latest