Poll: What's the hardest topic for everyone?
Rates (0)
0%
Equilibria (0)
0%
Entropy (0)
0%
Acid/Base (0)
0%
Organic (0)
0%
Spectroscopy (0)
0%
searbs
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Heyy guys,
I'm really struggling with my unit 4 chemistry!! I need a B overall for uni and I got that at as but I just can't seem to get to grips with this unit! Every past paper I seem to do another element that I don't know comes up! I'm mostly struggling with the organic side of things and I was wondering if anyone had any tip or hints on how they revised for the topic cause everything I seem to do isn't working!
cheers
Searbs
TSR Learn Together
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Basmaa
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
-Read the book and highlight anything important... Makes revision quicker as you'll be able to read the important parts only.
-Buy and go through another chemistry book (written for the same exam board) as a different style can really help in understanding.
-Revision books are really useful too, especially for quick and random revision.
-Practice questions and go through the past papers. You should also be familiar with the mark scheme style as you'll kinda know how to answer questions better. You'll also notice that a lot of questions are similar, especially the organic questions.

When it comes to the unit 4 organic you should really just memorise the reactions and understand the mechanisms + be able to draw them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
blossomx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Do lots and lots of exam questions.

A couple of websites I've been using are:
http://www.a-levelchemistry.co.uk/AQ...try%20home.htm
(It's for AQA but it's the same stuff)

http://ks5chemistry.wordpress.com/y13-chemistry/
This is specifically Edexcel.

If you have any specific questions feel free to message me as I'm resitting this unit.
RoyalBlue7
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Don't miss out the examiners reports...they are full of tips and hints

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    Postgraduate and professional courses Postgraduate
    Wed, 19 Feb '20
  • University of Warwick
    Warwick Business School Postgraduate
    Thu, 20 Feb '20

Have you ever accessed mental health support services at University?

Yes (44)
24.18%
No, but I have thought about it (49)
26.92%
No (89)
48.9%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed