black jack
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
What is the latest date you can enter for an a level exam for AQA?
Also what is the latest date you can withdraw for an a level exam for AQA?
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
In theory you can be added on the day of the exam if your exams officer is willing to do it and you are happy to pay the much higher fee. Note that most won't support you with such a late entry.
Similarly, you can pull out on the day of the exam or even after you have taken the paper (by requesting that it isn't marked), again with the cooperation of your exams officer.
Discuss your issues and plans with your exams officer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
black jack
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by gdunne42)
In theory you can be added on the day of the exam if your exams officer is willing to do it and you are happy to pay the much higher fee. Note that most won't support you with such a late entry.
Similarly, you can pull out on the day of the exam or even after you have taken the paper (by requesting that it isn't marked), again with the cooperation of your exams officer.
Discuss your issues and plans with your exams officer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Thanks for the info.
p.s. so if the exam officer says its ok to do so you can withdraw and enter at those dates?
gdunne42
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by black jack)
Thanks for the info.
p.s. so if the exam officer says its ok to do so you can withdraw and enter at those dates?
yes in theory but don't ask at the last minute or i guarantee they will tell you to get lost
your cost to enter will be very high and there is every chance they will say no if you miss the normal deadline and don't have a great reason to be entered late.
withdrawing on the day is no problem but do inform them
Jarred
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's however late your exams office is willing to do it. If they've got other candidates sitting the exam then you could probably enter yourself as late as on the actual day. You pay a premium for it though. I once entered into an A-Level exam about 3 or 4 days before it was scheduled to be sat, I paid about £45 if I recall correctly, this was back in the summer of '12.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (2)
2.56%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (11)
14.1%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (13)
16.67%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (9)
11.54%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (29)
37.18%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (14)
17.95%

Watched Threads