I want to revise for my AS subjects but always end up procastinating.

Watch
nocoolusername
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I want to start my revision for my may, june exams.

I would like to revise for a minimum of 30 hours a week.

Give me revision techniques that are efficient and will help me retain information in my head.
I am doing maths, biology, chemistry and english. How can i revise and feel like i have not wasted yet another day.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Alexandra19
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Every Monday morning, I used to write a list of everything I wanted to have completed by the end of that week. Then, when I had a spare hour or two to revise, I'd choose something off the list and do it, simple as that. This way, you're effectively choosing what you what to revise, you're not forcing yourself to do maths when instead you actually fancy revising a bit of English instead.

I know revision timetables work for some people, but I hated saying I'd revise geography for two hours every Monday or whatever, then feeling much more motivated to revise for another subject instead. There's no point forcing yourself to revise a subject that you're not feeling motivated for on that particular day - you probably won't retain the information and will be more likely to procrastinate

On Sunday afternoons, I'd go back to the list and do everything on it that I hadn't completed during the week, so revision only felt like a chore for one day a week.

Don't be worrying though, you've got plenty of time

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made your mind up on your five uni choices?

Yes, and I've sent off my application! (151)
54.91%
I've made my choices but havent sent my application yet (38)
13.82%
I've got a good idea about the choices I want to make (31)
11.27%
I'm researching but still not sure which universities I want to apply to (26)
9.45%
I haven't started researching yet (16)
5.82%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (13)
4.73%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed