The Student Room Group

Girls, which of these guys would you prefer?

Poll

Which guy would you prefer?

All other things equal, which of these guys would you prefer:

1. A guy who works in a very high paying, 6 figure salary job (investment banking, consultancy etc.) but he hates his job, he is often extremely stressed, his long working hours means he has very little free time and the stress and long hours take a toll on his body and face so he doesn't look sexually appealing. His life is consumed by work. He only lives for the money and he spends little to no time on things outside work.

2. A guy who works in a much lower paid job with fewer working hours and much less demanding, but he loves his job and it shows in his demeanour and attitude outside of work. He isn't stressed, he has time to work out, work on his appearance and be sexually appealing. He has time outside of work to pursue hobbies and he values friendship and meeting women.

Which guy would you prefer?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The 2nd!
It takes a certain type of person to work a high-paying job they hate.
Reply 2
Original post by cerlohee
The 2nd!
It takes a certain type of person to work a high-paying job they hate.
Even if guy number 2 was working a job that didn't pay much above minimum wage. Say something like £9 or £10 per hour?
2, definitely.
Why is this even a question to anyone that calls themselves a human?
Reply 5
Original post by Bassetts
Even if guy number 2 was working a job that didn't pay much above minimum wage. Say something like £9 or £10 per hour?

Yep, any day. Passion is so much more important than money.
It would depend on a lot of other factors. I wouldn't choose a partner based on their job or their wage.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
It is rather unlikely someone does a high-paying job that they hate.
Reply 8
Whichever I got along with best and suited me as a person. Statistically speaking, most likely neither (assuming I was single).

From the sounds of it that is much more likely to be number 2 because the kind of person that suits me tends to be a bit of an oddball, so I doubt they would have managed to jump through all the hoops to get to a top job. Doesn't mean it couldn't ever have happened, with some weird pressured family background maybe. If number 2 became my partner, I would encourage them to pursue a healthier happier life, and they'd want to - if they suited me.

Money is absolutely nothing to me, my fiance is dirt poor on minimum wage. An unhappy person with problems stuck in a life they don't like could still be the person for me, if I can make them happier - add to their life (and they to mine). Who doesn't have problems?
Given that Guy 1 is an investment banker, I would automatically prefer Guy 2 almost irrespective of any other characteristics.
Reply 10
When presented like this, everyone will pick 2, because it is implicit in the question that if you pick 1 you are shallow.

In reality, 99% of women would pick 1.

Look at any dating site.
Reply 11
Original post by Huskaris
When presented like this, everyone will pick 2, because it is implicit in the question that if you pick 1 you are shallow.

In reality, 99% of women would pick 1.

Look at any dating site.

Lol this is very true.
Original post by cerlohee
Yep, any day. Passion is so much more important than money.

Passion dont pay the mortgage
Reply 13
Original post by ssupernova
Passion dont pay the mortgage

Then get a job.
Then get a job.

Are you talking to me ?
Both guys have jobs ...
Reply 15
Are you talking to me ?
Both guys have jobs ...

If you both have jobs, you will be able to get a mortgage, it just might be on a semi detached in some ****hole up north rather than in Kensington.
If you both have jobs, you will be able to get a mortgage, it just might be on a semi detached in some ****hole up north rather than in Kensington.

Why are you directing this at me , this is a hypothetical situation .
Reply 17
Why are you directing this at me , this is a hypothetical situation .

You said passion doesn't pay the mortgage... I'm saying you can be poor and pay a mortgage.
You said passion doesn't pay the mortgage... I'm saying you can be poor and pay a mortgage.

Wkd
Reply 19
Wkd

Stupid.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending