Saph1990
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anybody would be kind enough to give me some advice.
I have just been invited to an interview next week at UWE for the PCET PGCE and one of the assessments is a 'Micro-Teach'. I have been asked to do the following:

Imagine you are to teach the first session in your PGCE PCET subject (Mine is Law) with a brand new group of students that you have never met before. Please prepare a 5 minute presentation on what these student would be doing in that first class. This will be done as a micro teach to other applicants on the day, so consider the lay audience who'll be participating and how you engage them.

So...Firstly, as my chosen subject is law, I am contemplating making the first ever lesson to be on 'How laws are passed in the UK'. Does this sound like a good topic for a first ever A level Law class?

Also, I have emailed the department back as I was a little unsure but I'm currently waiting for a response. Am I right in thinking I am to actually briefly teach this topic? Or am I to explain how I would teach it?

And finally, does anybody have any ideas on how I can engage the audience as, unfortunately sometimes Law can be a bit of a dry subject. I have been creating a fun-looking presentation with the help of the Prezi software instead of the usual Powerpoint but I really would like my topic to stand out.

I realise this is a pretty long post (Very sorry ) but I would love to hear other people's suggestions.

Thank you !
LucieP
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Saph1990)
Hi all,

I was just wondering if anybody would be kind enough to give me some advice.
I have just been invited to an interview next week at UWE for the PCET PGCE and one of the assessments is a 'Micro-Teach'. I have been asked to do the following:

Imagine you are to teach the first session in your PGCE PCET subject (Mine is Law) with a brand new group of students that you have never met before. Please prepare a 5 minute presentation on what these student would be doing in that first class. This will be done as a micro teach to other applicants on the day, so consider the lay audience who'll be participating and how you engage them.

So...Firstly, as my chosen subject is law, I am contemplating making the first ever lesson to be on 'How laws are passed in the UK'. Does this sound like a good topic for a first ever A level Law class?

Also, I have emailed the department back as I was a little unsure but I'm currently waiting for a response. Am I right in thinking I am to actually briefly teach this topic? Or am I to explain how I would teach it?

And finally, does anybody have any ideas on how I can engage the audience as, unfortunately sometimes Law can be a bit of a dry subject. I have been creating a fun-looking presentation with the help of the Prezi software instead of the usual Powerpoint but I really would like my topic to stand out.

I realise this is a pretty long post (Very sorry ) but I would love to hear other people's suggestions.

Thank you !
I think I was at the same day as you!!!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (338)
55.68%
I don't have everything I need (269)
44.32%

Watched Threads