The Student Room Group

where is everyone at in maths, who is self teaching?

as i wana compare and see if i am going to fast or to slow, i have 4 weeks left until i complete the whole of c1,c2 and s1.

i am going to use the rest of the time to go over everything in detail which is around 8 weeks, i think i went a bit to fast tho

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I'm doing exactly the same as you topic wise. We've completed all of C1 (bar a few cross-over sections), but still have quite a bit to do on C2, including logs, radians and some more trig stuff. We've mostly completed S1, I believe the last topic we have to do is regression?
Reply 2
I'm not self teaching but we've finished C1 and I'm doing D1 which we've still got a few weeks to go on and done very very little of C2.
Quite worried we might not get everything done in time :/
Finished C1, halfway through C2 (have a test tomorrow :frown: ) and I'm doing M1 instead of S1 :smile:
Reply 4
I'm self teaching and Ive done all of C3 C4 S1 FP1 and i'm half way through M2. I'm not sure if I should take all of them this year as I feel under prepared for some of them, especially M2. I still need to do tons of past papers so in the end I'll probably stick with just C3 C4 and S1.
Reply 5
I have FP2, FP3, and M3 to cover :tongue:
Reply 6
I have done Whole of C1, C2 done first 6 chapters and S1 we have done 1-4 and 6
Reply 7
Self taught C3/C4/FP2 from Sept-Dec and now learning FP3
Reply 8
Original post by MidnightDream
I'm doing M1 instead of S1 :smile:

good choice
Original post by JPL9457
good choice

It wasn't a choice but thanks anyway :smile:
Reply 10
Finished C3 C4 S2 FP2 FP3 and got about half of M1 and M2 each left
Never compare yourself to others.
Willy Wanging is highly common on internet forums. Whatever you have done there is always someone who did it in half the time, with twice the ease and even managed to tell the examiner they were wrong.
Compare yourself to your goals, your aspirations and work as hard and as smart as you can.
Done C3 C4 S2 FP1 FP2 [sat C1 C2 S1 last year] and working on M1 for Edexcel. Moments are so boring. *yawn* Thank goodness I've knocked out a huge chunk of the vectors chapter out when I did C4.
Original post by m4ths/maths247
Never compare yourself to others.
Willy Wanging is highly common on internet forums. Whatever you have done there is always someone who did it in half the time, with twice the ease and even managed to tell the examiner they were wrong.
Compare yourself to your goals, your aspirations and work as hard and as smart as you can.

yh your right, you seem to have good qualitys you will be a beneficial friend in the future
Original post by mrdetermination
yh your right, you seem to have good qualitys you will be a beneficial friend in the future

That is just my observation from teaching different cohorts.
I think too many people don't focus on what they are doing and getting where they need to be and constantly measure themselves against others.

I am ok at running but wouldn't ask what times I should be doing in the 100mts on a sprinting forum as I am likely to get disheartened if people are running quicker. If I am making progress and I am on target for my goals then that's all good.

Whatever you do there will generally always be someone ahead of you and 10 more to state how far ahead of THEM they are. Chase your own goals and not the tales of others.
If your target grade is a C work out what to do to better that initially to a B.
I am teaching D1 at the moment and some of my students are ahead of the class in the book. Does that mean the ones on the same page as I am will do worse? no, they are just on a different schedule.
Doing C2 and S1, done half of C2 and about a quarter of S1.
In the grand scheme of things, we've all barely even started.
Reply 17
Original post by TheBBQ
I have FP2, FP3, and M3 to cover :tongue:

Nearly finished FP2, I just have the last chapter which looks okay from first glance. Chapter 3 is the giant chapter I feel, because theres so much information there, I have to go back and redo it again.

I'm retaking C3 and C4 to get the A* in Maths. C3 is pretty much done, just need to go through all the questions I can find. C4, I just need to go through Vectors.

Also doing M2 and S3 for Further Maths A-Level. Haven't started either, so need to start it quickly.
Reply 18
Original post by AnharM
Nearly finished FP2, I just have the last chapter which looks okay from first glance. Chapter 3 is the giant chapter I feel, because theres so much information there, I have to go back and redo it again.

I'm retaking C3 and C4 to get the A* in Maths. C3 is pretty much done, just need to go through all the questions I can find. C4, I just need to go through Vectors.

Also doing M2 and S3 for Further Maths A-Level. Haven't started either, so need to start it quickly.

Chapter 3 is not very hard at all for me! I haven't done much beyond that though. Almost finished C4, just vectors left to do. Yet to start D1, FP3, M3 :frown:

D1 will be done in class though.. FP3 looks kinda big and M3 just looks like M2 but with C4 calculus so it shouldn't take too long I hope.. also ties in nicely with AQA A2 Physics :biggrin: I know most of the concepts just need to get behind the maths of it.
Reply 19
Original post by TheBBQ
Chapter 3 is not very hard at all for me! I haven't done much beyond that though. Almost finished C4, just vectors left to do. Yet to start D1, FP3, M3 :frown:

D1 will be done in class though.. FP3 looks kinda big and M3 just looks like M2 but with C4 calculus so it shouldn't take too long I hope.. also ties in nicely with AQA A2 Physics :biggrin: I know most of the concepts just need to get behind the maths of it.

I think Chapter 3 is the hardest chapter, because it's the chapter that has the most information cluttered in.

D1 is nice. Did it last year, got 88/100 UMS.

Quick Reply

Latest