The Student Room Group

Lee Rigby Killers sentenced

The two men who killed Lee Rigby have just been sentenced. Michael Abebolajo has been sentenced to a whole life-term meaning he will spend the rest of his life in prison. Michael Adebowle will serve at least 45 years.

Has justice finally been served? Are the sentences fair and proportional?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26357007

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Burridge
The two men who killed Lee Rigby have just been sentenced. Michael Abebolajo has been sentenced to a whole life-term meaning he will spend the rest of his life in prison. Michael Adebowle will serve at least 45 years.

Has justice finally been served? Are the sentences fair and proportional?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-26357007

I don't think any type of sentence can serve justice for what these two did.

Both of them should receive whole life-term sentences.

To me personally, I don't think people like that should be allowed to live on this planet.
They'll be out soon enough.
Reply 3
absolute joke should have been death, 45 years he will be out in his late 60's and could have years of freedom, hang them
Reply 4
I'm glad they got such long sentences, although no sentence will ever be long enough for them. I hope they rot in prison.They showed absolutely no remorse for what they did.
My thoughts are with the Rigby family.
Finally!!! Although the death sentence would've been better if we still had it but in a way this is good as they can suffer in prison.
Reply 6
Original post by Annie72
I'm glad they got such long sentences, although no sentence will ever be long enough for them. I hope they rot in prison.They showed absolutely no remorse for what they did.
My thoughts are with the Rigby family.

This.
Reply 7
May Allah have mercy on them and rectify their affairs.
Yes. I think the sentence is good but it would be better if they got a taste of their own medicine.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by nocoolusername
Yes. I think the sentence is good but it would be better if they got a taste of their own medicine.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well you know what they say about an eye for an eye...
Original post by Ace123
absolute joke should have been death, 45 years he will be out in his late 60's and could have years of freedom, hang them

What is it about the word "minimum" that you don't understand?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Reform
May Allah have mercy on them and rectify their affairs.

*Facepalm* As a muslim what you just said disgusted me.
Yet they'll be pampered at the expense of our taxpayers for generations. They will be protected in prison, be under high security, cared for and given things to stop them acting up. However, they'll still act up in order to get their own way and more. They will continue to push the boundaries and make a mockery of our entire system like many others are currently doing.

Why should the hard working taxpayers of Britain have to pay for the likes of these murderers when that money could be better used to pump into the education budget or to help children in poverty?

This country truly is backward at times.
Reply 13
I'm inclined to agree that they both should have received life-term sentences, but 45 years is a very long time anyway. Adebowale will be 67 by the time he is eligible for parole. I'm not sure what Adebowale's role was in the killing but I presume it's the reason why a whole life-term was deemed "inappropriate".

Who would have supported the death penalty had that been an option?
(edited 10 years ago)
Great more caged animals
They'll get their due in prison, they won't be alive for long.
Reply 16
Seems a bit harsh. Granted it was a ****ed up crime but the some serial killers/rapists and mass murders get more lenient sentences
Reply 17
Original post by ArabianPhoenix
*Facepalm* As a muslim what you just said disgusted me.

Did I say I condone what they did?

I'm free from what they did however I'll continue to supplicate for them or do you feel as though they don't deserve it?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 18
They should both receive whole life sentences. There is no excuse for what they did, it was disgusting.
Reply 19
The double-talk so many people are engaging in is baffling. I've encountered numerous individuals calling for the death sentence for these two murderers whilst simultaneously being members of Facebook pages entitled "free Alexander Blackman".

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending