The Student Room Group

IS GCSE History hard?

How much do you have to remember? How much of it is essays?
Reply 1
yh. gcse is hard get over it
Reply 2
there is a LOT of info to take in if you are good at remembering things go for it, i love it
Reply 3
honestly, its not that difficult. BTW this is edexcel history..

there is a lot to remember to get a high mark, dates, events, people, causes, effects. however if you are to take history, you must have some sort of interest in learning history, and the topics aren't that boring either.. so its not that difficult to learn stuff. just try to listen the first time as it is quite easy to remember stuff if you understand the first time its taught, saves revision time for later.

there is 1 piece of controlled coursework which is about 2/2 a4 pages on a given question..

then the 3 exams, each question requires 1-3 paragraphs each.. quite daunting especially when you have to write it quite quickly..
(edited 10 years ago)
It's not a picnic :smile: but it's incredibly interesting and was probably one of my favourite subjects. There is a lot of content to learn and there are quite a lot of essays. I was on AQA and the exams were essay based and you had to write ridiculously fast :smile: The controlled assessments are essays too
Original post by aziza025.212

That depends on how much you're willing to work for it, really :smile: I personally found it relatively simple as I love history, so if you're interested in it, I'm sure you'll cope just fine :yep: you do have to remember a lot, so that's where it can get a bit tricky at times! Whilst there is a lot of content, it's definitely manageable. At GCSE, you don't really have to do essays, the highest mark was about 10 marks :smile: the only major essay I had to do was my controlled assessment :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 6
Original post by aziza025.212

The only answers you will get will be opinions which are of no use to you. Just look at the topics covered in the GCSE and see if you have an interest in them.

Quick Reply

Latest