hi-zen-berg
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
The three exams you sit for triple science, c1/2/3, are they distinct from each other?

If I revise the content which appears in only one area of the course i.e.c2 is there are chance it crop up on the c3 exam?

Or do c3 exams assume knowledge of c2 and c1.
And following on, c2 exams would assume knowledge of c2 and c1 but not c3?
ellawhite4686
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
some of the other sections do require basic knowledge of other topics, and it can really help you with the understanding and may help you to get the questions right based on the knowledge of another topic.

you could check the specification of each unit and see whether it mentions anything from other sections.

hope this helps
MovesLikeAgger
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
With chemistry, stuff from C3 (like you know the periodic table stuff) can REALLY help you in C2. C3 tests (flame test, test for sulfates, nitrates etc) can also help you in C2. C1 doesn't really help... at all. It's quite pointless as you do C3 and C2 first on the same day in May and then C1 in June.
Lokiofasgard
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Essentially, c1, c2 and c3 are three different areas, and so the knowledge needed for one paper will almost certainly not be needed for another. For example, while the structure of the earth crops up in c1, it isn't mentioned again anywhere else.

However, some parts of the course interlink with each other, hydrocarbons studied in c1 are again mentioned in c3 in the homologous series section. For the most part, each module is different, with only a small amount of cross over.
JasmineMariah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
My Chemistry teacher says C1 and C3 are fairly similar, with C3 containing a fair bit of information that is in C1, but more complex. I'm doing Edexcel, and in most of the Chemistry and Physics C1 and C2 exams, all of the formulas and working out to get answers, along with the periodic table are in the front of the exam papers!
Good luck with your exams!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you worried that a cap in student numbers would affect your place at uni?

Yes (105)
61.05%
No (35)
20.35%
Not sure (32)
18.6%

Watched Threads