Bournemouth Uni Cinematography for Digital Film and Television MA Watch

sch15m
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I was offered a place for the Digital Cinematography MA, anyone else for September 2014?
MishkaChukumeka
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hey!! I was also offered a place, but I m still hesitating... Can t figure out if it s a good postgraduate or not. I d be moving there from Switzerland, so it s hard to tell... I visited the university yesterday, it seemed nice!
sch15m
Rep:
?
(Original post by MishkaChukumeka)
Hey!! I was also offered a place, but I m still hesitating... Can t figure out if it s a good postgraduate or not. I d be moving there from Switzerland, so it s hard to tell... I visited the university yesterday, it seemed nice!
It seems to have a pretty good reputation with regards to its media department. I have been researching thoroughly for masters in a specific specialization instead of a general film masters. Unless you have a lot of money and a strong enough reel to get accepted to NFTS in london, I think this course is a good alternative. I had friends who are graduates of the Directing and Cinematography courses and they all spoke highly of the course.

To me the main selling point is that I can also direct and shoot my own short for the masters final project. I am not obliged to work with a directing student for a project.

Havent had a chance to visit the campus, how is it?
MishkaChukumeka
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I just had a quick look when I was in Bournemouth last week, it seemed quite nice.

I decided to accept the offer, cause indeed I can't afford NFTS! I am sure I won't regret it!
sch15m
Rep:
?
(Original post by MishkaChukumeka)
I just had a quick look when I was in Bournemouth last week, it seemed quite nice.

I decided to accept the offer, cause indeed I can't afford NFTS! I am sure I won't regret it!
Awesome! I'll see you there.
ishaniroy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,
I am Ishani from India. I am keen applying for the digital film course in cinematography, the 1 year MA course. A friend who is doing the BA course says that the MA course is quite disorganized and the students are asking for their money back. Are there any other perspectives out there? would love to hear from you!
ishaniroy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi there,
I am Ishani from India. I am looking to apply to the MA in cinematography, film and television course at Bournemouth. A friend studying the BA hons said that the MA students are asking for their money back and course is very disorganized. Any other perspectives out there? I am quite keen on this course.
MishkaChukumeka
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Is your friend doing the Cinematography MA course at Bournemouth???
I have received an offer from both Edinburgh and Bournemouth, I think I prefer the latter but I have doubts sometimes...!
ishaniroy
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi Mishka, Sorry there was a bit of a misunderstanding. She is doing the course at the ARTS UNIVERSITY of Bournemouth, where students are asking for their money back. However, I am in touch with someone at BU and she said the cinematography course is very good and it is 70% practical and 30% theory if that's what you are looking for.
MishkaChukumeka
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Oh right!

It took me quite some time to make my decision, but I am sure this course is what I need. What about you?
lcumut
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi! I'll be there in September for Directing Digital Film and Tv MA. Hope to see you!
hyunzai
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lcumut)
Hi! I'll be there in September for Directing Digital Film and Tv MA. Hope to see you!
Hi! I got an offer for this course as well. What do you think of this course? I got another offer from MET film school so I have a big dilemma now
ishaniroy
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I have heard from a teacher at the Westminster school of photography that the MET film school is a rip off and a waste of your money. hope this helps.
hyunzai
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Thanks, this is not the first time I've heard this about MET. I just accepted the offer from Bournemouth so I'll see you in September
linakitteh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Wow I didn't know Met Film School had that bad of a rep. Thought it was supposed to be one of the good ones. Almost applied there! I guess I'm glad I went with the offer for MA in Post Production Editing from BU instead. I guess we might just cross paths in September!
hyunzai
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do you guys know where you are gonna stay at yet?
lcumut
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi! I didn't know anything about Met Film School.

Yes probably we will make films together. Directing, Cinematography, Editing... see you in September!

I will probably stay in Chesil house, it looks good and it is not as expensive as Dorchester house.
linakitteh
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm looking to stay in Dorchester. But we can only know next week I think when they start releasing the accommodations on the 2nd stage of accommodation application.
hyunzai
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah, I want to stay at Dorchester as well. Hope to see you there
Sraiyanti
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hey! I'll be joining MA Cinematography in September too.

BU sounds the best in terms of both affordability and generally how the course works. I saw this show reel from someone who went to the 2011 batch and it was quite good. Then again, I guess it's what you make of it whatever course you take.

So does anyone know how to look into off campus accommodation? On campus sounds good but I'm on a tight budget and would like to see some options.

Thanks!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Design & Engineering Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Jun '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 3 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 6 Jul '19

How did your AQA A-level Biology Paper 3 go?

Loved the paper - Feeling positive (333)
15.61%
The paper was reasonable (1164)
54.57%
Not feeling great about that exam... (460)
21.57%
It was TERRIBLE (176)
8.25%

Watched Threads