The Student Room Group

Do you sleep better with or without your bf/gf/partner/husband/wife?

As per the title.

Also how do you deal with a partner who snores and snorts in their sleep in addition to grinding their teeth?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by Alfissti
As per the title.

Also how do you deal with a partner who snores and snorts in their sleep in addition to grinding their teeth?

Divorce.
Reply 2
I don't grin or snore so the ladies def want be to sleep with them but I'm like meh why should I don't want you snoring on my face ya know personally snoring are from people who has a broken life

sorry for my English I'm albanian
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 3
I sleep better when I pretend I'm sleeping next to the girl of my dreams :moon:
Reply 4
Alone
He snores
One of the advantages of our kids moving out is that there are plenty of spare rooms if it gets too much
always better with the boyfriend

also , i snore and he makes odd murmurings but we're both pretty heavy sleepers so neither of us care :P i definitely snore louder than him though hehe
Reply 6
Original post by TenOfThem
Alone
He snores
One of the advantages of our kids moving out is that there are plenty of spare rooms if it gets too much

Thank you for sharing that with us !!!!
Reply 7
Original post by Old_Simon
Divorce.

You did that?
Reply 8
Original post by Old_Simon
Thank you for sharing that with us !!!!

LoL

These kids need to know

Some solutions to real life problems

Why their parents are so pleased they have gone

Reply 9
Alone. I struggle to sleep when I'm with someone, my mind is just too distracted. Doesn't matter if they're bf/friend/anything, I always sleep better alone.
Reply 10
I'm single now, but in experience I did sleep sounder alone. But I'm moderately insecure.
I definitely sleep better with my partner in bed next to me :smile:
Generally alone - it's fine at the time but the next day we'll both end up crashing at some point. That's probably because at the minute we both have single beds though - we always get a good nights' sleep in a double bed but it's rare that we get the chance to sleep in one :frown: Normally though it does take me a long time to fall asleep on my own and I seem to fall asleep a lot quicker when my boyfriend's there.
Without, he fidgits and twitches way too much! But I do miss him when he's not there!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Alone. I'm a very heavy sleeper but someone next to me can put me off going to sleep a bit; I like to starfish and fidget a great deal (I'm probably a pain to sleep with) and having someone else there tends to inhibit my movement somewhat, as I always try to be courteous/avoid whacking her with an elbow. Once I'm asleep it doesn't really matter.

I also find it near impossible to sleep if someone is touching me, which is always a fun conversation to have with a new girlfriend.
Reply 15
Usually with. I take ages to get to sleep anywhere, and my mind takes a long time to chill out and relax. It still does so a little quicker when I'm with my partner. He takes 13-20 seconds to fall asleep almost anywhere. |;
Also, we're both nearly 6ft, he's quite overweight and I am not skinny, yet we share a single university bed every night hah. So the fact that I still sleep better with him is saying something, really.
He does snore now and then, but will stop if I shove him a little. We're soppy and puzzle-piece-like in bed, find ourselves hugging when we wake up and stuff like that... it's a little different in double beds, but still have those times. I always prefer that to being alone/with mild insomnia. P:
(edited 10 years ago)
I wake up a lot more and I sleepwalk but we're both heavy sleepers so we don't bother each other, its certainly got easier to not be woken up by him moving around
I sleep better alone - he snores and I toss and turn and need to pee at least once so I know I must get on his nerves. To make things worse, I go to sleep late and wake up late whereas he's a much earlier riser. I'd still rather sleep with him though because it's such a nice, intimate part of being in a relationship. Although whether I will feel the same way when we actually live together and sleep in the same bed every night is any one's guess.
Reply 18
Either, I fall asleep as soon as my head touches the pillow, and it takes a fair bit to wake me up. We had an earthquake a few years ago and I didn't even know til the morning.
I always sleep better with my boyfriend in bed with me. It's partly the sex which knocks me out and results in a good night's sleep, but I also feel generally more relaxed when he's there.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending