How to get A* in my GCSE Triple Science ? Watch

frog.
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
helloooo, i have got my GCSEs exams soon and i was wondering what things i should do to ensure i get an A* /A in my triple science exam, also any useful revision site ?

thank youu xx :3
tohaaaa
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
If you're on AQA:
http://www.my-gcsescience.com/

Tips:
=> Keep on going over the topics, even if you think you know them. It'll keep 'em fresh in your mind.
=> Do ALL the past papers, and after you've done them, note down the topics you did wrong so you can focus your revision.
=> GET HOLD OF THE SPECIFICATION!!! I cannot stress this one enough, this document tells you EVERYTHING you need to know for YOUR course.
=> Make pretty posters.... ('cause colors....)
IFoundWonderland
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Agree completely with above. I did all that and got my A*s. I was actually going to say all of that when I first saw the thread, ESPECIALLY my-gcsescience. That man is a GOD! Also, the specification literally has everything you need to know. Learn that back to front and you'll be set. Just reaffirming tohaaaa I suppose
Coke1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
There is no 'secret'. Just do loads of past papers, get the revision guides and know your modules thoroughly. Practise, practise, practise.
Michael_98
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Read through revision notes and do past papers and questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
BWCW
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
When I did my GCSEs I was on OCR, and I literally did every single past paper I could find, some of them twice. I got 3A*s and I think that's what really helped - you might see that certain questions come up most years, or really similar questions.
Lindissa
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Do literally every past paper available so you can get used to the sort of questions they ask and get a clear idea of what you need to revise. Systematically work through each section of the syllabus for your revision - remember that for GCSE you don't necessarily have to understand things too well, as you can get away with just rote-learning a set answer by picking out the wording of the syllabus. Bitesize and my-gcsescience.com are great but sometimes they can be a bit vague. There are loads of videos on youtube, just search for the topic you want.
TS21
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Hi can you help me please
I dont know how to revise the specification
i dont think reading it is gonna keep it stuck in my brain
please reply asap
TS21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by ILovePancakes)
Agree completely with above. I did all that and got my A*s. I was actually going to say all of that when I first saw the thread, ESPECIALLY my-gcsescience. That man is a GOD! Also, the specification literally has everything you need to know. Learn that back to front and you'll be set. Just reaffirming tohaaaa I suppose
How do i perfect my exam technique using past papers?
i really want an A grade please help
IFoundWonderland
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TS21)
How do i perfect my exam technique using past papers?
i really want an A grade please help
I made a gazillion flashcards for each section of the specification.
For example:
Q. What is active transport?
A. Active transport is a process that enables cells to absorb ions from very dilute solutions. It is when substances are absorbed against a concentration gradient. It requires energy from respiration.

Then memorised all the answers on the flashcards. This is how I learn, but everyone is different.
It's a good way of doing it, because you sometimes get the exact same question in the exam.
Use mygcsescience. This man is a God. Youtube him and you'll know what I mean
TS21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Michael_98)
Read through revision notes and do past papers and questions

Posted from TSR Mobile
How do i do past papers effectively? please help
NatashaG
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
memorise the text book, imprint it on your brain and know what the questions are asking you, they are all just looking for trigger (key) words...
TS21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I made a gazillion flashcards for each section of the specification.
For example:
Q. What is active transport?
A. Active transport is a process that enables cells to absorb ions from very dilute solutions. It is when substances are absorbed against a concentration gradient. It requires energy from respiration.

Then memorised all the answers on the flashcards. This is how I learn, but everyone is different.
It's a good way of doing it, because you sometimes get the exact same question in the exam.
Use mygcsescience. This man is a God. Youtube him and you'll know what I mean
My gcse science is good, i used it last year but only got a C, i dont know how to revise from it, me looking at it and watching it is all well and good, 5 minutes later i will forget and i certainly wont remember on the exam day
How did u revise using him? specifically?
anything other than flash cards ?
IFoundWonderland
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TS21)
My gcse science is good, i used it last year but only got a C, i dont know how to revise from it, me looking at it and watching it is all well and good, 5 minutes later i will forget and i certainly wont remember on the exam day
How did u revise using him? specifically?
anything other than flash cards ?
I practically only used him and got A*s in chem and physics and an A in bio.. made notes alongside the videos and just learnt the specifications really. He explained the parts of the specification I didn't understand.
TS21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
[QUOTE=ILovePancakes;47297077]I practically only used him and got A*s in chem and physics and an A in bio.. made notes alongside the videos and just learnt the specifications really. He explained the parts of the specification I didn't understand.[/QUOTE

Learn the specification? I don't understand how you can? its quite brief? allow it my exams in 3 weeks and i need all the help i can get
i feel like i can revise, but not remember.
which actually sucks considering i want an A, i just got an A in my ISA so 25% is done but yeah you can understand the panic
IFoundWonderland
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TS21)
I practically only used him and got A*s in chem and physics and an A in bio.. made notes alongside the videos and just learnt the specifications really. He explained the parts of the specification I didn't understand.
Learn the specification? I don't understand how you can? its quite brief? allow it my exams in 3 weeks and i need all the help i can get
i feel like i can revise, but not remember.
which actually sucks considering i want an A, i just got an A in my ISA so 25% is done but yeah you can understand the panic
You literally just need to know the specification. They can't ask you anything more than that. I just made flashcards and revised them over and over till I knew them all.. Took me about 8 hours? Then I did two specification papers.

However, everyone is different. What works for me may not work for you.
Anisa2012
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Same!
1. make notes
2. do past papers
3. go on mygcsescience.com
PricklyPorcupine
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
PAST PAPERS AND ANY OTHER QUESTIONS! Then you can go over what ever else you don't know already- it saves so much time IMO but then I am not a revision person so anything that reduces the time spent memorising facts and reading textbooks and replaces that with answering questions and actively thinking is good
TS21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You literally just need to know the specification. They can't ask you anything more than that. I just made flashcards and revised them over and over till I knew them all.. Took me about 8 hours? Then I did two specification papers.

However, everyone is different. What works for me may not work for you.
Can you link the AQA additional science specification papers?
8 hours? was that all in one day?
IFoundWonderland
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by TS21)
Can you link the AQA additional science specification papers?
8 hours? was that all in one day?
They're on the AQA website. Just google it.

Yup, one day for each (once revision cards were made.
Well.. I forgot about my physics until 7pm the night before.. but that's another story :facepalm:.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?

Remain (552)
80.58%
Leave (133)
19.42%

Watched Threads