Turn on thread page Beta

Where are you going to University? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Just to take the talk away from exams...

Where has everyone accepted as their firm and insurance choices ready for fleeing in about *looks at calender* 12 weeks time (not to make it seem like its not too far away or anything, but its been 16 weeks since Valentines)

Firm: University of Sheffield (BBB)

Insurance: University of Southampton (BBBb)

Originally posted by Expression
    Just to take the talk away from exams...

Where has everyone accepted as their firm and insurance choices ready for fleeing in about *looks at calender* 12 weeks time (not to make it seem like its not too far away or anything, but its been 16 weeks since Valentines)

Firm: University of Sheffield (BBB)

Insurance: University of Southampton (BBBb)
    Firm: Trinity College, Cambridge (AAB and ii,ii in Step 2,3)
    Insurance: Bath (ABB)

Originally posted by Unregistered
    Firm: Trinity College, Cambridge (AAB and ii,ii in Step 2,3)
    Insurance: Bath (ABB)
    What subject choice?

AAB to cambridge?? thats weird, since they only accept people in who have at the least AAA.

I'm doing mechanical engineering at

1st choice = Bristol (ABB)
    2nd choice = Warwick (BBC)

the weird thing is that i really want to go warwick rather than bristol, though bristol is much better for engineering. But apart from that, theres no campus, most of the halls are about a 40 min walk away from the uni and halls of residence are expensive!! average is about £68 a week.
    Warwick has it all. decent campus, largest student union in UK and overall, an excellent reputation.

So its a question of whether i do well and go to a uni that is really good for my course, but hate the city or don't do so good and go to a brilliant uni but not so good for my course... decisions, decisions!!

any advice people? cheers.

What subject choice?
    Maths! I think it's because my school is low-achieving.

no way!!! Emmanuel and Trinity are the best colleges in cambridge!!!

ReputationRep:
    First choice (large miracle): York [A maths,A physics,B computing]
    Insurance (Minor miracle): Warwick[AAB in anything]

For Comp. sci. at warwick and computer systems and software engineering at York. I *really* want to go to york, but I need an A in maths and got a C last year, so its not looking to hopeful.
    Chris

AAB to cambridge?? thats weird, since they only accept people in who have at the least AAA.

I'm doing mechanical engineering at

1st choice = Bristol (ABB)
    2nd choice = Warwick (BBC)

the weird thing is that i really want to go warwick rather than bristol, though bristol is much better for engineering. But apart from that, theres no campus, most of the halls are about a 40 min walk away from the uni and halls of residence are expensive!! average is about £68 a week.
    Warwick has it all. decent campus, largest student union in UK and overall, an excellent reputation.

So its a question of whether i do well and go to a uni that is really good for my course, but hate the city or don't do so good and go to a brilliant uni but not so good for my course... decisions, decisions!!

any advice people? cheers.
    Go for warwick, its the don uni! my godfather's son went there and he really enjoyed it, no regerts and from the open day warwick was pretty good. oh well, its upto u in the end..

Had my firm as Durham (AAB) and my insurance as Birmingham (BBB), but I'm gonna change it as I'd rather go to Birmingham.

ReputationRep:
    I have firmly accepted BBB for birmingham from maths, physics, geography and general studies, and my insurance place is BBB at southampton, not including general studies, which is worse, but I really want to go to brum anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Well mine is Comp Sci, first choice UCL (ABB) and insurance Nottingham (BBB). But judging how P3 im not sure about the A in maths UCL want.

How about some opinions. I live in London, either place i go i would move out. I think i like UCL degree a little better, but i would to get out and experience living elsewhere, and Nottingham has a pretty decend student life. Help, how do i decide?

TO YOU PPL
    firstly...whoevers doin mechanical engineering...you rock! i nearly chose warwick but went for edin and leeds instead. warwicks really nice but close to coventry which is the only problem, but it is nice.
    and to the person choosin between UCL and notts. choose notts. its soo nice. and lush. and city life and country life and wicked!
    yay
    xxx

OO 4got
    my sis goes to bristol - it is lush. gr8 student night etc. wherever u choose, ull have a mint time i promise !
    x

ReputationRep:
    Had my firm as Durham (AAB) and my insurance as Birmingham (BBB), but I'm gonna change it as I'd rather go to Birmingham.
    what was you going to do in durham.

my firm is durham to do natural science.

oh and they were soo nice and offered me AAA. IN MATHS PHYSICS AND PSYCHOLOGY!!!

why does everyone else have lower offers than me???

love Katy ***

ReputationRep:

huh? they've offered a guy in my school BBC.

love Katy ***

thats a load of rubbish. If we are both talking about the same Cambridge university, i think we both know that they won't accept anyone on a BBC

ReputationRep:
    so u think ucas made a typing error on his letter???

i think u'll find that they will and they do.

it all depends on what type of school and where it is.

love Katy ***

thats a load of rubbish. If we are both talking about the same Cambridge university, i think we both know that they won't accept anyone on a BBC
    I agree. i would be very surprised if they offered this. Sometimes they make metriculation (EE) of unconditional offers but its is usually AAA or AAB

ReputationRep:
    yeah, some sort of disability scheme or scheme where people from that school rarely if ever go to cambridge.

BBC does seem a bit low to me though.

However, the royal family have no problem getting in and they are (as bruce forsyth put it) 'a bit thick'.

Regards,

Originally posted by byb3
    yeah, some sort of disability scheme or scheme where people from that school rarely if ever go to cambridge.

BBC does seem a bit low to me though.

However, the royal family have no problem getting in and they are (as bruce forsyth put it) 'a bit thick'.

Regards,
    Prince Charles went to Trinity with really low A-level grades. Life is not fair.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.