Where are you going to University? Watch

This discussion is closed.
bloodhound
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Firm choice : Mathematics at Nottingham (A - maths A- f maths and B physics)
Insurance : girton college - cambridge - maths with physics (aab same as nottingham but grade 1 and 2 at step 2 and 3) the offer is for 2004 but they said if anyone messes up the exams they will put forward the place to me thats why i put it as second choice. i phoned them up and explained the situation. cos i dont wanna wait one year. and if i put them first and there is no place then i have to wait one year and i cant go to notthingham
ickle_katy
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
its something to do with ethnic minorities in objective one areas.

love Katy ***
greggy
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Firm: York ABB
Insurance: Lancaster BBB

Electronic Engineering.

Ickle Katy, hey, I know loads of people who are going to do your course ad Durham!
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
and its not really that low. most of the offers in my school have been ccc or ccd. and they are all to good unis. im the exception with aaa and theres one girl with aab. apart from that no1 else has to get more than 1 a.

love Katy ***
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
cool, my course is really really popular.

loveKaty ***
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by ickle_katy
what was you going to do in durham.

my firm is durham to do natural science.

oh and they were soo nice and offered me AAA. IN MATHS PHYSICS AND PSYCHOLOGY!!!

why does everyone else have lower offers than me???

love Katy ***
I was gonna do Computer Science, did think about doing Nat Sci though .
Holy_devill_786
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
---- Expression, correction! you cant have insurance as bbbb and firm bbb! coz insurance suppose to be equal or with lower grades! cant be addition of one more grade!

Cambridge! believe it or not! its like all sick people down there! big brain but who cares! no fun! no socializing! well.. i know i cant get through there but i went with my friend for his interview with him! and wot you seeeeeee about 9 in morning people holding books in there hands! ! books on their beds! breakfast-- books on table! eat with books! drink with books! sleep with books! die with booooooooooooooooks! exams like 8 months later and boooooks! rawwww! !god bless! me going uni for fun and study!

ooO log ! .... me going birmingham too! firmly accepted. BBB
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Holy_devill_786

Cambridge! believe it or not! its like all sick people down there! big brain but who cares! no fun! no socializing! well.. i know i cant get through there but i went with my friend for his interview with him! and wot you seeeeeee about 9 in morning people holding books in there hands! ! books on their beds! breakfast-- books on table! eat with books! drink with books! sleep with books! die with booooooooooooooooks! exams like 8 months later and boooooks! rawwww! !god bless! me going uni for fun and study!

I think you have strange ideas about Cambridge.
texan trucker
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Unregistered
AAB to cambridge?? thats weird, since they only accept people in who have at the least AAA.

I'm doing mechanical engineering at

1st choice = Bristol (ABB)
2nd choice = Warwick (BBC)

the weird thing is that i really want to go warwick rather than bristol, though bristol is much better for engineering. But apart from that, theres no campus, most of the halls are about a 40 min walk away from the uni and halls of residence are expensive!! average is about £68 a week.
Warwick has it all. decent campus, largest student union in UK and overall, an excellent reputation.

So its a question of whether i do well and go to a uni that is really good for my course, but hate the city or don't do so good and go to a brilliant uni but not so good for my course... decisions, decisions!!

any advice people? cheers.
ya my advice to u is go to bristol.. im goin there.. its sooo nice... so the campus and living might be quite distant.. eva herd of buses.. plus how the hell did u get an offer o ABB,, I GOT AAB for aero meng,,
Freakazoid!
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
The comments on books in cambridge made me laugh. When I went for my interview there were some alright people applying too (pretty down to earth people). However whether they got in or not is a different matter. The idealist in me would like to think that where you came from and what not would make no difference, and that your chances were based on your academic ability and personality. The only person I know who got in reads history magazines all the time and likes to wear thongs in secret (not that secretively obviously). Oh how fun life is, all us young people all worked up about what uni we are going to etc. We have our lives ahead of us to achieve our goals. Now I have forgot what this post is about.

Oh yes.

Durham is my first choice (AAB- one of which has to be physics) to do a Physics Degree. Second choice is york I think, I have no idea what its like and can't remember the grades needed. Seemed the logical choice.

How camp are some of these emoticons.
ickle_katy
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Originally posted by Freakazoid!
The comments on books in cambridge made me laugh. When I went for my interview there were some alright people applying too (pretty down to earth people). However whether they got in or not is a different matter. The idealist in me would like to think that where you came from and what not would make no difference, and that your chances were based on your academic ability and personality. The only person I know who got in reads history magazines all the time and likes to wear thongs in secret (not that secretively obviously). Oh how fun life is, all us young people all worked up about what uni we are going to etc. We have our lives ahead of us to achieve our goals. Now I have forgot what this post is about.
go complain in the cambridge box then silly!!! hehe. what college in durham u gonig to???

love Katy ***
Holy_devill_786
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Freakazoid...... you got a deeeep inner toneee! boss you have an accent! writing accent! and a nice oneeeeee!

(((((((We have our lives ahead of us to achieve our goals)))))))) lol you seem like poet to me!
Expression
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
Originally posted by Holy_devill_786

---- Expression, correction! you cant have insurance as bbbb and firm bbb! coz insurance suppose to be equal or with lower grades! cant be addition of one more grade!

Correction of your correction.... Oh yes I can, UCAS haven't blocked it, and I already have the AS b in Physics, so the requirements at A2 are exactly the same, that is, BBB.

How exactly you intended to correct me I don't know, I've had my audit form through confirming that I made that as my choices. It may seem a slightly illogical choice, but its perfectly acceptable.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Im goin to royal vet college in london to study veterinary medicine (obviously!) but my offers 3 a's and maths is really really hard!
texan trucker
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
neone comin down to london.. is gonn ahave the most wickedest time eva.. GUARANTEED..... capital city of the world.. 24 hour life.. non stop fun.. fashion capital.. clubbin capital... cool ppl.. capital.. and non stop amazinness..
i guess u see how lucky i feel to live here.. tho i am goin to bristol nxt year providin.. p3 is scaled up by 250%.. but thats cos its the best for my subject otherwise.. LUCKY U
fArhAnA
Report 16 years ago
hmm im having issues! do i stay in london or go to nottingham? London, hmm as great as it is it aint all that great! help, advise plz!
texan trucker
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
sup to u man.. im leavin.. cos i think change is good as well.. u cud live at home in london if u have a good offer.. save loads a money and party eavry nite till the mornin.. spend like mad.. tho london is expensive realtive to other places.. but still like i sed.. change is good. independance is good to learn.. livin in london could prevent that if u close to home
fArhAnA
Report 16 years ago
i agree! i would be living out, but doubt i could afford it for three years in london. i think it is just cos i think the degree at ucl is better thats i guess is the mian reason, but i would love change!
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
your all soo clever !

Ive been pridicted a DDE for my a2 levels

life sucks
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
if i lived far outside london, i'd have half my choices as uni's in london. Not only are the uni's good (in particular UCL and Imperial), but as said above, its the don city. It is a lot dearer, and there are very very few campuses, but the city itself just makes up for it.
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How are you feeling about GCSE Results Day?

Hopeful (220)
12.48%
Excited (165)
9.36%
Worried (308)
17.47%
Terrified (389)
22.06%
Meh (182)
10.32%
Confused (38)
2.16%