username1333513
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi, i'm going to buy some revision books in a few days and I want to know which ones are good, I heard cgp are quite good and I plan on buying them however, I heard they're not good for all subjects, just a few.
can anyone recommend me some good revision books for the following subjects I'm taking:
geography
physics
biology
chemistry
english lit
english lang
religious studies
spanish
Obviously I don't really need one in art and I already have some for maths.
username1333513
Rep:
?
bump somebody help srsly
Its_Tito
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
geography - no idea, sorry :/
physics - CGP
biology - CGP
chemistry - CGP
english lit, english lang - get the general CGP english one, it covers both and helps me a lot
religious studies - not sure
spanish - CGP... it's amazing
username1333513
Rep:
?
(Original post by Its_Tito)
geography - no idea, sorry :/
physics - CGP
biology - CGP
chemistry - CGP
english lit, english lang - get the general CGP english one, it covers both and helps me a lot
religious studies - not sure
spanish - CGP... it's amazing
eeeeeeeeeeeeee thank you!
Its_Tito
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by bubblegumcat)
eeeeeeeeeeeeee thank you!
No problem xx
FatimaHere
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you're doing Edexcel, then The Collins Edexcel GCSE Revision guide is just amazing for Science! I haven't tried it for Maths, because I already have a Maths Revision guide but if you're with Edecxel, then I would recommended that you use it.
username1333513
Rep:
?
(Original post by FatimaHere)
If you're doing Edexcel, then The Collins Edexcel GCSE Revision guide is just amazing for Science! I haven't tried it for Maths, because I already have a Maths Revision guide but if you're with Edecxel, then I would recommended that you use it.
my exam board for science is aqa but thank you for the suggestion
charlottejyp
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Have you got them yet? Because personally I feel that for science the cgp ones aren't best. I do aqa too and I've been using the aqa revision guides for them (published by nelson thornes) and theyre great cos they tell you everything you need and follow the specification. I can give you the ISBNs if that helps

But cgp for geography is great

Posted from TSR Mobile
Lokiofasgard
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If you're doing AQA science, the revision guides by Nelson Thornes are very good
username1333513
Rep:
?
(Original post by charlottejyp)
Have you got them yet? Because personally I feel that for science the cgp ones aren't best. I do aqa too and I've been using the aqa revision guides for them (published by nelson thornes) and theyre great cos they tell you everything you need and follow the specification. I can give you the ISBNs if that helps

But cgp for geography is great

Posted from TSR Mobile
I have those they're great and they've helped me get A's but I really would like A*s in science, everyone says the cgp ones are good so i'm not sure whether i should get them or not but thank you, i guess i'll be getting cgp books for geography

(Original post by Lokiofasgard)
If you're doing AQA science, the revision guides by Nelson Thornes are very good
like i mentioned above i already have those but thank you
Mini-Me
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
For religious studies, just get the revision guide published by the same people as the textbook, sorry I can't remember which.
And for all science and English, I would definitely recommend CGP, they got me A*s in triple science and As in English lit and lang

Posted from TSR Mobile
username1333513
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mini-Me)
For religious studies, just get the revision guide published by the same people as the textbook, sorry I can't remember which.
And for all science and English, I would definitely recommend CGP, they got me A*s in triple science and As in English lit and lang

Posted from TSR Mobile
i'm not sure which text book you're talking about but i'll try and find it and ahhh i'm getting different opinions on the cgp books for science, i guess i'll just get them, thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With HE fairs postponed, would a virtual HE fair be useful?

Yes (98)
61.64%
No (61)
38.36%

Watched Threads