MarshallTime08
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
Hi guys. Thanks for looking at my post.

Basically, I'm doing a fast-track A-Level in Business, which I've been doing at home for the last 8 months. I've been working from a folder and textbook, and have reached the end of Unit 4.

I'm aware that for the last AQA exam, BUSS4, we have to do our own research for Section A using pre-release materials. This year it's all about China. I've been reading some of the posts on here and people seem to be worried about this. However, this looks like the easy part of the exam because the pre-release materials pretty much tell you how and what to research. It's Section B that's stressing me out.

In Section B, we are given a choice of 3 long essay questions, each worth 40 marks. By looking at a past paper, an example is:

'With reference to organisations or industries that you know, to what extent do you think changes in the UK economy will have inevitably damaged the long-term profits of businesses that operate in this country?'

This is what gets me stumped. The pre-release materials make no mention of how we are meant to research for Section B. Also, questions such as this have really hit me out of the blue. We haven't really covered the current UK economy in the specification, and had I not looked at past papers I would not have known I was supposed to research certain businesses.

While everyone is so preoccupied with Section A, does anyone know how to adequately prepare for Section B? Apparently this is one of the hardest exams at A-Level because the students literally do not know what topics are going to come up. Are we meant to research absolutely everything we have done at Business A-Level, plus more, as well as the China research, just so we have a fighting chance in this exam? Because that's a really scary prospect.

I would really appreciate anyone giving me a hand.

Best

Alex
Мэтью
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
From what we've covered so far on this, I think we're supposed to know (in detail) 4 or 5 different business case studies including their profits, etc. This unit is also synoptic so we'll get marks for referring back to Buss3 from A2 and Buss2 and Buss1 from AS. We've barely covered any of the stuff so far though.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (593)
34.1%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (720)
41.4%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (347)
19.95%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (79)
4.54%

Watched Threads