National Scholarship Programme Question

Watch
purple_panther
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
So you apply for it through your chosen university but what happens if say you miss out on your offer and end up going to your insurance choice uni? Would you still get the scholarship?
Holmstock
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by purple_panther)
So you apply for it through your chosen university but what happens if say you miss out on your offer and end up going to your insurance choice uni? Would you still get the scholarship?
One of the FAQs covers a student who starts at one uni and then transfers to another. Theoretically, they would just stop getting funding from the old uni and start receiving it from the new uni. However, it is adminstered uni by uni, and the new uni might have used all its funding.

It might be worth checking when applications close at your insurance uni, or whether you can have two applications running in parallel? Do they have any arrangements to provide funding to applicants who get a place via clearing?
Holmstock
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by purple_panther)
It seems that quite a few universities administer the NSP scheme via your SFE application, so that for these you would only need to notify SFE that your tuition application has been changed from your conditional firm uni to the uni from which you hold an unconditional offer.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you travelling in the Uni student travel window (3-9 Dec) to go home for Christmas?

Yes (48)
30.97%
No - I have already returned home (19)
12.26%
No - I plan on travelling outside these dates (33)
21.29%
No - I'm staying at my term time address over Christmas (14)
9.03%
No - I live at home during term anyway (41)
26.45%

Watched Threads