The Student Room Group

Opinions please?

The situation I have gotten myself into involves my final 2 Universities, I can either pick the university that ranks number 2 in the country but is in an absolutely appalling area and I've visited twice and not enjoyed it at all.
Or I can pick the university that I would love to live in (and maybe move to the city after I graduate) but has a very average course, it is also a lot more expensive to afford although the money shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I'm not asking for people to make the decision for me, I just feel like some alternative views will help me to make my final decision.
Original post by woocallum
The situation I have gotten myself into involves my final 2 Universities, I can either pick the university that ranks number 2 in the country but is in an absolutely appalling area and I've visited twice and not enjoyed it at all.
Or I can pick the university that I would love to live in (and maybe move to the city after I graduate) but has a very average course, it is also a lot more expensive to afford although the money shouldn't be too much of a problem.

I'm not asking for people to make the decision for me, I just feel like some alternative views will help me to make my final decision.

I am curious as to what universities these are and for what course. I think if you dislike the first uni so much, then you should pass it up, regardless of how prestigious. You have to do what makes you happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile
No brainer. Go to the one you like.
Go to the one that you'll enjoy.
Ranking won't matter when you've dropped out because you hate the course.
Original post by lipslikemorphine

Nor will it be the same in three years' time as it is now.
Reply 5
Original post by Coffeetime
I am curious as to what universities these are and for what course. I think if you dislike the first uni so much, then you should pass it up, regardless of how prestigious. You have to do what makes you happy.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I tried not to mention the names to avoid bias but I guess everyone's said the same thing so it doesn't really matter anymore, it's about Teesside and Gloucester for a game development course.

Original post by carnationlilyrose
No brainer. Go to the one you like.

I like them both, I just don't feel comfortable in the area of the prestigious one and I feel wrong for excluding it for that reason

Original post by lipslikemorphine

The course is great, it's just the area, it's based in the town centre rather than a campus so it's difficult to avoid the surrounding area
Original post by woocallum

I like them both, I just don't feel comfortable in the area of the prestigious one and I feel wrong for excluding it for that reason

That sounds like the one you don't like to me.
Reply 7
Original post by carnationlilyrose
That sounds like the one you don't like to me.

Okay yeah you have a very good point, thank you

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending