Do you have any non-English language songs that you listen to?

Watch
Scottasaurus
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
For me it's probably Shakira's Spanish songs, "Mas Que Nada" by Sergio Mendes and "Mauvais Garçon" by Naast.
shopoholic
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Spanish songs and some French songs that my teacher used to play in the lessons
xMr_BrightSide
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago

Had to be done.
xMr_BrightSide
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh, and:

may348
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I jam out to this on a regular basis:

StretfordEnd
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Scottasaurus)
For me it's probably Shakira's Spanish songs, "Mas Que Nada" by Sergio Mendes and "Mauvais Garçon" by Naast.
Mas Que Nada's one of my favourite tracks of all time! I guess you like Quincy Jones too?

I like quite a lot of Spanish or latin music. Paco De Lucia (who died today, so sad!) is great but less lyrical.

I also love Silvio Rodriguez - Debo Partirme en Dos, y nada mas, Quien Fuera, Fusil Contra Fusil, Playa Giron, Ojala. All top tunes

Rhythms Del Mundo were awesome. Basically, a charity venture where the lads from Buena Vista Social Club got together with big big artists and did covers in a cuban jazz style. Both artists redoing their own songs (Arctic Monkeys doing Dancing Shoes with a cuban jazz band is mint!) or covering other peoples (The Editors doing 'walk on the wild side'). They've done dozens and dozens of covers. Pm me if you want more!

EDIT: I ****ing hate this, but even though it's Portuguese it was huge in Spain for about 6 months and the guy in the flat above me played it all through siesta every sodding day. I'm sure he contributed a fair amount to the 555 MILLION VIEWS THIS VIDEO HAS HAD WHAT THE ACTUAL ****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcm55lU9knw
Silver Arrows
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
OK Kid - Am Ende.

It's German I think, but it's on FIFA 14 & it's awesome!
StretfordEnd
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Oh, and I may as well own this **** right here. I have this on my ipod. I listen to it a lot

Truflais
Badges: 20
Report 6 years ago
Same, I love Shakira's Spanish songs.
Swanbow
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Sure, I like listening to non-English songs. Mostly German songs; 99 Luft Ballons by Nena, Hier Kommt Alex by Die Toten Hosen, Da Da Da by Trio and pretty much all of Rammstein. Also listen to some Afrikaans music, check out this...

elpistolero7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Russian Band DDT. The result of having a Russian roommate for 4 years at boarding school. Addicted to the stuff though I understand one out of like every 15 words:lol:

Them and Rammstein, a German metal band.
LiamSoissons
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Scottasaurus)
Yes! I listen to Remmstein and Oomph in German!

I like a lot of Eastern European pop music, their language suits it perfectly!

I listen to a lot of Japanese music, mainly soundtracks from anime!

I even have some French Edith Piaf!

I even have a mongolian song from the Chinese xfactor.

I like foreign music because when I listen to English music I think too much into what they're saying, and the meanings behind the words.

With foreign music, because I only speak English, I can remove any meaning. It's just sound that makes me feel good. Doesn't matter what they're saying. They could be calling me a ****, but it doesn't matter!
ThatGirl276
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Some German, Japanese, Korean and of course... Macarena.
-TheSpecialOne-
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Ai Se Eu Te Pego is a great Portuguese song, other than that it's mostly Japanese music I suppose

Posted from TSR Mobile
-Neuro-
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I listen to quite a bit

I have a thing for Sweden and I quite like this band called "Movitz!" They're a jazz/Rap band that is hugely popular in Sweden. Their style is so unique and interesting, not what I'm usually into but I like 'em :ahee: The music videos are cool too XD

I listen to Bollywood/Tollywood South Asian songs too

And of course Mongolian throat singing! :pierre:

HalGuru
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, I find it difficult to enjoy a song if the lyrics are not in English. It sounds so ugly.
TheDefiniteArticle
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I'd guess there are more (modern) languages that I do listen to stuff from than those I don't. A few examples off the top of my head:

Serbian - Atomski Rat

Spanish - Anal Vomit
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKsZP6zJ9CM

Ukrainian - Drudkh
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9txO2FNJBW8

Indonesian - As Sahar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oClT51ZrcGQ

etc
dreadpiraterach
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
username1333513
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
i used to have an mp3 player which had so many tamil songs that someone else put on there for me, i started listening and i actually liked it haha, i don't listen to it anymore though
Lyla_Mikaeal
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Louise by Eisblume is one of the best! Music video made me cry though.

Eisblume are a german band and even though I'm not fond of the language, gosh, some of their bands are amazing...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (57)
17.27%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (93)
28.18%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (125)
37.88%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (44)
13.33%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (11)
3.33%

Watched Threads