SunDun111
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I want to get to university however im really confused on what to pick. The only subject that Im defo picking is Maths however i cant take any of the three sciences due to the fact i got a C in core science (im currently in year 11 doing additional science). I want to go into finance and accounting at Uni however my school dosent do accounting or economic A levels so i have no idea what to pick. Im just stuck overall and have no idea what to pick i wish i'd applied for a new 6 form but i didnt realise they would be so little choice at my school. I like buisness as well but my school only does BTEC BUISNESS and not the actual a level
didreams
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I suggest the easiest thing to do is pick from your favourite GCSEs unless your 6th form offer new subjects e.g. Psychology, Politics that sound appealing to you. Do you have the option to take Further Maths?

As for doing Finance at university, I don't think they particularly prefer you to take certain subjects as long as you get the grades.

Have you considered doing anything other than Finance at university? If so, choose them for A-level so you still have the option if you change your mind. If you're really unsure, pick the GCSE subjects you got the highest grades in to carry on to A level as at least you know you'll do well.

Hope this helped!
SunDun111
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Yeh but i am doing GCSE Spanish and am going for a High B/A however my school dosent even do a language for A level! However it does to further maths but I want to do that due to the fact im not that good at maths (even though i can get B's and A's at gcse level it takes a LOT of revision). And the buisness i do at gcse is really good however like I said i would carry on doing it at A Level but my school only offers btec for it Im stuck and dont know what to do. If not finance i would like to do Computer science
digbee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Please don't do a BTEC!! What about Sociology or Psychology? Psychology is pretty science based ive heard? What about ICT or IT?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the school day be extended to help students catch up?

Yes (42)
28.97%
No (103)
71.03%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed