The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
I want to do dentistry at university, been my ambition for near enough six years.
da thing is that im not planning to open a pharmacy in the future.. im thinking about working in a drug company or a lab or something... i dont mind teaching either
lebanon4ever
thnx!! do u think its boring??!? or will it be interesting?

i recon it would be quite intersting. I don;t do pharmacy ny self, but i do share sevaral units with them on my course. so yeah i do think it will be intersting! :biggrin:
thanx.. i think yeah ill go for pharmacy then!!!
but wait.. what is pharmacology???
Reply 84
I love organic chemistry too, especially the way you can use logic to work something out - and generally things on the atomic/molecular scale too (most things) :biggrin: .

lebanon4ever
thnx!! do u think its boring??!? or will it be interesting?

Although I don't know anything about the degree, I think that if you like the subjects it's based around, which you do, you'll find it interesting.

Phoenix Dioxide - how is pharmacology? Reason for asking being, I'm thinking of applying for pharmacology. I mean, what is the course like? Thanks :smile:
Reply 85
ok apparently mr power isnt going to be back for 'a good while' so we would be better to pick a temporary leader at least so new members can join.
im looking to do pharm if i dont get into med in my gap year. ive heard pharm has loads of mechanism stuff in it especially in the first year after speaking to a friend of mine at kings. so should be interesting lol
lebanon4ever
thanx.. i think yeah ill go for pharmacy then!!!
but wait.. what is pharmacology???

pharmacology is the study of how drugs interact with the body. don;t do it! i did it in the first year and i struggled because i'm better suited to chemistry the biology and pharmacology is 90% biology. thats why i do pharmacutical science now!:smile:
firestone
I love organic chemistry too, especially the way you can use logic to work something out - and generally things on the atomic/molecular scale too (most things) :biggrin: .

Although I don't know anything about the degree, I think that if you like the subjects it's based around, which you do, you'll find it interesting.

Phoenix Dioxide - how is pharmacology? Reason for asking being, I'm thinking of applying for pharmacology. I mean, what is the course like? Thanks :smile:

Hard! ^^ read post above :smile:
firestone
So what is everyone's favourite section/topic in chemistry?

Favourite chemical element? Random I know.

mine is organic :smile: ...although i liked the inorganic in A2 much more than the inorganic in AS.

i think my favourite element is Carbon...just because its so essential to life, and my favourite simple molecule is water!! great stuff! lol :biggrin:

Dhesi: just tell the mods you want to be leader, and if anyone else wants to be leader, then you can add them once you've been made leader :smile: if not, we're not gona get any new members.
am i seeing things, or is Mr Powers little green light on? :confused:

EDIT: ok, its gone off now....but you know what that means....he's back!!
but seeing as we have no leader at all, i still think Dhesi should tell the mods he is going to be leader as the mods can't make Phoenix Dioxide leader yet because he's not a member yet.
Phoenix Dioxide
pharmacology is the study of how drugs interact with the body. don;t do it! i did it in the first year and i struggled because i'm better suited to chemistry the biology and pharmacology is 90% biology. thats why i do pharmacutical science now!:smile:

thnk u !! i think ill stick 2 pharmacy then!:biggrin:
Reply 92
iceman_jondoe
ive heard pharm has loads of mechanism stuff in it especially in the first year

Is that pharmacy? Ooh sounds interesting! I love mechanisms of reactions!

Phoenix Dioxide

Thanks! :smile:
So is there not much biochemistry in it - just biology? :frown: Maybe I'll switch to pharmacy then.
Reply 93
chocolatecheese
my favourite simple molecule is water!! great stuff! lol :biggrin:

Dhesi: just tell the mods you want to be leader, and if anyone else wants to be leader, then you can add them once you've been made leader :smile: if not, we're not gona get any new members.

:ditto: I love water! It's so common being all around us, yet so interesting! So I'll probably say my favourite element is oxygen.

Yeah I agree with the other point about the leader, or until Mr Power comes back at least.
my favorite element is Aluminium... i like its "extraction lifestory!":biggrin:
Reply 95
I like chlorine as a chemical element cause its used in loads of chemistry includin organic for halo-anything to acyl chlorides and its also in other areas too. Love water also but don't get enough lol
firestone
Is that pharmacy? Ooh sounds interesting! I love mechanisms of reactions!

Thanks! :smile:
So is there not much biochemistry in it - just biology? :frown: Maybe I'll switch to pharmacy then.

you could always apply for pharmacuetical science at portsmouth! thats very chemistry based. about 90% is chemistry! :biggrin:
birdth
I like chlorine as a chemical element cause its used in loads of chemistry includin organic for halo-anything to acyl chlorides and its also in other areas too. Love water also but don't get enough lol

i prefure little brother florine! more reactive!
Reply 98
im back guys
Mr power
im back guys

hey....
pleeeeeeeeese accept me into the chemistry soc... i applied 4 it days ago but you werent there!

Latest