The Student Room Group

Selection Interview.

I'm at the beginning of the application process, sitting my AST on monday next week.

Obviously, I'm intending to pass it & was just wondering what I'll be asked at my interview? I know it's a formal interview but is it quite relaxed?

Just looking for a heads up really, so that I can start studying & memorising stuff. The role I'm applying for is Mover (logistics).

Any help would be appreciated, cheers!
Reply 1
It's not relaxed, it's a formal interview :wink:

Just make sure you are cleanly shaven, wearing a suit and are polite and confident.

After your AST you will have a briefing explaining everything you need to know for the interview. In short you will need to know current ops, the purpose of those ops and the names. What NATO is, how many states are involved and when it was founded. What the role of the RAF is and the motto. Info about a few bases and their purpose and know a selection of aircraft, their purpose and where they are based.

Most importantly you need to explain why you chose the RAF and not the other forces and why you chose the trade you are applying for.

I'm sure I've missed something so looked forward to the brief after your AST, good luck!
Reply 2
Yeah, "Relaxed" was the wrong choice of word I suppose. What I meant was, if they want to find out a lot about you, i.e hobbies, interest, life as a kid etc.

Thanks for the heads up though, just hoping all goes well on Monday.
Reply 3
Original post by KevK92
Yeah, "Relaxed" was the wrong choice of word I suppose. What I meant was, if they want to find out a lot about you, i.e hobbies, interest, life as a kid etc.

Thanks for the heads up though, just hoping all goes well on Monday.

Oh yes they do! The first half of the interview is all about you and your interests, hobbies, experience, family life, life as a kid etc. So tell them as much as you can :smile:
Reply 4
For your interview make sure your know everythin about phase 1 and 2 of your trainin, including the names of the 3 stages of trainin at Halton and what you do in those stages. Know all overseas bases and why we are based there! and quite a few bases in the UK, enough to name and give basic information about untill he/she stops you. Also know the role you applied for, what they do, and why you want to do it! Personally I think those are the 3 main things in your interview! And finally if you don't know the answer just say I don't know rather than tryin to blag it! You'll look like an idiot lol. Good luck and best of luck for ya ASTs.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
And NATO obviously haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest