Dentistry : GCSE Options Watch

Frodokins
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello, I am new to TSR and in the process of picking my GCSEs
I would like to do Dentistry or Pharmacy in the future
I just wanted to see if the options I am choosing would get me to Dentistry/Pharmacy and if you had any advice or experiences in regards to the subjects

Potential line up
- English Literature
- English Language
- Maths
-Triple science
-R.e
-Art or Art textiles
- Geography
- History
- Spanish or German

Thank You!
Lokiofasgard
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
To be quite honest, what you do at GCSE does not really affect university options and courses. However, what you've chosen looks good
Chlorophile
  • Study Helper
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Frodokins)
X
As long as you're doing triple or double science, your GCSE choice is absolutely irrelevant. As long as you can get good grades, you're fine.
ellawhite4686
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
gcse choices don't particularly make a difference, but id say triple science is very important, as you will probably need to do at least biology and chemistry at a level.

i do both history and re and love them! they're really good subjects, and many of my friends enjoy geography too.
just be weary about taking three humanities as you may find it a lot of essay writing, and if your skills lie in the sciences, this may not be ideal for you! if you love writing essays etc go for it !
my advice would possibly be to change one of them to a language so you end up with two humanities and two languages? i do french and spanish, and love spanish (I'm going to do it at a level)

id also give some advice about art that it is quite a heavy workload, but if you enjoy it then that shouldn't be too bad, but as long as you're good at it it shouldn't be a problem, but i wouldn't just throw it in as an extra if you weren't that keen!

hope this helps
AspiringMedic8
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I just wanted to see if the options I am choosing would get me to Dentistry/Pharmacy and if you had any advice or experiences in regards to the subjects

Potential line up
- English Literature
- English Language
- Maths
-Triple science
-R.e
-Art or Art textiles
- Geography
- History
- Spanish or German

Thank You!
All of the sciences, English, maths and music or art to demonstrate manual dexterity.

Posted from TSR Mobile
MovesLikeAgger
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I would definitely take both Spanish and German as GCSE languages are very easy. Triple Science is really important for dentistry and I would recommend you pick either Geography OR history as even at GCSE it's a heavy work load, especially if you're thinking of doing art. The coursework for that is absolutely horrific.
ChowSultan
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
All you need is core subjects. In college You need to do Chemistry and Biology for most unis, maths is not required but is good.
watermelon1234
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
GCSE don`t make difference! i went to a talk at cambridge and they also said that. Just make sure at a-levels, u chose the science=chemistry and biology in particular
ibithefr
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
hello, i would like to know what Gcse options should i choose to become a dentist??
because in one week i will have to choose my options so if you could help
by: Ayyoub Adnet from kings heath boys school birmingham uk.
leahkhan
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 1 week ago

Potential line up
- English Literature
- English Language
- Maths
-Triple science
-R.e
-Art or Art textiles
- Geography
- History
- Spanish or German

Thank You!
hi I'm doing the same thing I want to be a dentist and I need to pick in 5 days , and I don't know if I should do triple science because don't I just need biology and chemistry ?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (152)
18.77%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (79)
9.75%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (138)
17.04%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (115)
14.2%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (79)
9.75%
How can I be the best version of myself? (247)
30.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed