The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PC2852
So you didn't turn down a Russell Group Uni. It joined 2012.

Yh but it wasn't a Russell Group back then.
Original post by PC2852
So you didn't turn down a Russell Group Uni. It joined 2012.

1. That he goes to what is [now] a Russell Group university doesn't mean that he didn't turn down Russell Group universities to go there.

2. If he is now in his third year, then he did indeed turn down RG for non-RG. That things have since changed is neither here nor there. You have not "slept with a married woman" if a woman you have slept with has since married.
Reply 42
Original post by adamsmithqm
Yh but it wasn't a Russell Group back then.

WTF. Yes it was a Russell Group Uni in 2012. When is "back then"?
Reply 43
Original post by cambio wechsel
1. That he goes to what is [now] a Russell Group university doesn't mean that he didn't turn down Russell Group universities to go there.

2. If he is now in his third year, then he did indeed turn down RG for non-RG. That things have since changed is neither here nor there. You have not "slept with a married woman" if a woman you have slept with has since married.

He's first year.
Original post by PC2852
He's first year.

I was at QM before it was a RG but now it is. I was studying something else before but now I am a first year again.
I almost chose another uni over the Russell Group, I ended up going to the RG but I wouldn't say you should skip uni altogether, it doesn't make that make that much of a difference if any. The dealbreaker for me was that the RG uni was closer to home.
i think this is statement is very offensive and ignorant. It completely demoralises anyone who does not go to a Russell Group University. I've known some very successful people who did not go to a RG university, and they turned out to be CEO's of certain highly acclaimed companies. Coming from someone who is at a non-RG university, i think this statement is not only offensive to students not there, it is also panicking for Level 3 or A Level students thinking they have to get fantastic grades to do well in life. It's absurd. A degree is a degree, where ever you get it, it is a statement of great intelligence, no matter where you go.
If you want a job it's probably smarter to do one of those skilled apprenticeships where you go to uni one day a week. If you want to do an academic subject then Russel group would probably be best.

Latest

Trending

Trending