kkboyk
Badges: 21
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
It seems that I keep losing easy marks on questions even though I am right in context.
'A photo shows a fire-breather creating a ball of fire. Fire-breathers do this by blowing a fine mist of paraffin oil onto a flame. Some of this mist can be inhaled and may eventually lead to fibrosis. '

People who have been fire-breathers for many years often find they cannot breathe out properly explain why.'

... So my answer is "due to the loss of elastin, so the lungs/aleveoli cannot expand and thus it cannot exhale the air out of the lungs" but I only got 1 mark -.-

HELP PLEASE!!! how can I improve answering these type of questions and not lose easy marks?
Rob da Mop
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Try writing in full sentences. "Fibrosis is the loss of elastin which is used to make the lung tissue and alveoli contract expelling air. Loss of this elasticity means that exhalation reduces the ability of the lungs to exhale, which is why fire-breathers are often unable to breathe out properly."
schowdhy
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by kkboyk)
It seems that I keep losing easy marks on questions even though I am right in context.
'A photo shows a fire-breather creating a ball of fire. Fire-breathers do this by blowing a fine mist of paraffin oil onto a flame. Some of this mist can be inhaled and may eventually lead to fibrosis. '

People who have been fire-breathers for many years often find they cannot breathe out properly explain why.'

... So my answer is "due to the loss of elastin, so the lungs/aleveoli cannot expand and thus it cannot exhale the air out of the lungs" but I only got 1 mark -.-

HELP PLEASE!!! how can I improve answering these type of questions and not lose easy marks?
YOU dont need this anymore, but someone now or from the future might, so I'll write it. (i got this from the mark scheme)
1. Loss of elasticity / elastic tissue / increase in scar tissue;
(1. Accept elastin)
2. Less recoil;
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (228)
51.24%
No (217)
48.76%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed