The Student Room Group

A2 AQA- which resources should I use?!

Im really stuck with how to revise at the moment. Ive tried the textbook which seems TOO informative, tutor2u powerpoints which were disorganised and also I think had more information then needed. I dont get many notes or handouts in lesson as its just mostly listening so does anyone have any ideas on what i can revise from? I also tried youtube videos which were good but i couldnt find a channel that had all the topics I needed. Thanks!
Hi there,

While you're waiting for an answer, did you know we have 300,000 study resources that could answer your question in TSR's Learn together section?

We have everything from Teacher Marked Essays to Mindmaps and Quizzes to help you with your work. Take a look around.

If you're stuck on how to get started, try creating some resources. It's free to do and can help breakdown tough topics into manageable chunks. Get creating now.

Thanks!

Not sure what all of this is about? Head here to find out more.
Reply 2
examples of good text books are Ray Powell - AQA A2 Economics. the new 2014 edition has just been released. I also recommend Economics by John Sloman 8th edition. You can get the 7th edition for free online.
I also find using www.getrevising.co.uk very useful for economics you can search for the topic you want e.g The Labour market: wage determination and lots of different useful resources are available.
The tutor2u revision notes are also good, i prefer them to the powerpoints.
Do not revise simply by writing out notes copied from the textbook, this takes far too long and you won't get through everything in time. What i found effective for revising for my mocks this month is I chose a topic and did quite a vague mindmap on all the key points and aspects of the topic then wrote more detailed notes on the bits which i wasn't completely familiar with. Looking at past papers and just planning out the answers is what I'm going to focus on now until the exams, you can be easily tricked by the wording of the questions.
Also..
make sure you are able to draw all these diagrams from memory and are able to explain them through logical chain of reasoning!
http://www.tutor2u.net/blog/index.php/economics/comments/a2-economics-diagram-checklist

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply

Latest