Biology (A2): B
Chemistry (As): C

Thanks for reading!
holly_1994
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
You could pretty much do anything, really. It all depends on what you are interested in and what you want to do. Obviously, bare in mind what job prospects and career(s) you can get out of the degree you choose, but you MUST enjoy the course, otherwise you will absolutely hate university - and don't forget, you would be paying to do something you can't stand!!

If you are more on the English side of things, then the English Language A level would allow you to do English Language at uni, which you could use to become a journalist, or for other media-based careers. Alternatively, you could use the A level to just take a journalism course at uni instead of doing EL as a degree and then USING it for journalism. You could always do a law conversion afterwards if you did do English Language at university if you are interested in a career in law.

But if you prefer science-based subjects then I suppose that is going to be a bit trickier for you when deciding, because there are tonnes. Literally. You could to pharmacology, zoology, biomedical sciences, biochemistry, biological anthropology, botany, etc. Or, of course, you could just take a degree in either Psychology, Biology or Chemistry if you want to make things a bit more straightforward, which you could always use to become a teacher if you didn't fancy developing a career within the science community itself.

You've got quite a broad range of subjects there so I think that if you were to have a good look at the courses unis offer, you'll have a lot to choose from.

Good luck!
Largeelephant12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Biomedical science
marine biology
veterinary medicine
dentistry
nursing
law
archaeology
zoology
English
occupational therapy
Radiography
pharmacy
pharmacology
medicinal chemistry/biology
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Norwich University of the Arts
    Postgraduate (MA) Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 18 Jul '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 31 Jul '19
  • Staffordshire University
    Postgraduate open event - Stoke-on-Trent campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 7 Aug '19

Are you tempted to change your firm university choice now or on A-level results day?

Yes, I'll try and go to a uni higher up the league tables (131)
18.85%
Yes, there is a uni that I prefer and I'll fit in better (70)
10.07%
No I am happy with my course choice (396)
56.98%
I'm using Clearing when I have my exam results (98)
14.1%

Watched Threads