Turn on thread page Beta

40 year old virgin watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    No I'm not 40 (only 17) and yes i am a virgin. But why are some people set on losing it before 17 or whatever. Maybe its because I've never been in a relationship before i don't know but losing it doesn't really bother me? Anyone else?

ReputationRep:
    I am turning 17 in a month and i dont care when i lose my viginity. I would want to be married b4 losing my vigirnity though.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    24 and still a virgin, haven't even had a kiss yet. I'll say that it's getting to the stage where it's bothering me now.

ReputationRep:
    Nearly 21 and still a virgin. Not bothered about it either do what you think is best

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nocoolusername)
    I am turning 17 in a month and i dont care when i lose my viginity. I would want to be married b4 losing my vigirnity though.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Same with me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Autistic Merit)
    24 and still a virgin, haven't even had a kiss yet. I'll say that it's getting to the stage where it's bothering me now.
    Don't worry. I think there is time for everything and it will happen eventually. for me the virgin thing doesn't bother me but i haven't been kissed either which i sometimes get worried about.

ReputationRep:
    Being a virgin becomes more of a burden the older you get. I was glad I finally lost it a few months ago. It was like a whole weight had come off my shoulders.

ReputationRep:
    18, still a virgin and still un-kissed and it really doesn't ever cross my mind.

ReputationRep:
    Society likes to do its best to make relationships seem like the be all and end all and be the defining attribute of who you are as a person. It's hard not to feel out of sorts when you get older and haven't done anything yet.

Everywhere you look, it's always hinted or pointed out your life is unfulfilled/ dull/ pointless without a partner in it. But most people I know who lamented being single and really struggled with it actually regretted feeling that way once they got into a long-term relationship. :lol:

ReputationRep:
    i know everyone blames the media for everything but i do think the media plays a massive part in why people think that relationships and sex is everyone.
    as a self proclaimed rom com enthusiast i always wonder if I'll ever experience something like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by radaeze)
    No I'm not 40 (only 17) and yes i am a virgin. But why are some people set on losing it before 17 or whatever. Maybe its because I've never been in a relationship before i don't know but losing it doesn't really bother me? Anyone else?
    It's because we live in a 'fast food' society. People want things to happen and they want them to happen NOW.

In the words of Yoda: PATIENCE

Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1393691871.495613.jpg
Views: 232
Size:  31.8 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    i know everyone blames the media for everything but i do think the media plays a massive part in why people think that relationships and sex is everyone.
    as a self proclaimed rom com enthusiast i always wonder if I'll ever experience something like that
    The only problem with that is that our society is probably more tolerant of being single and older than most. In many, teenage marriage is common, let alone relationships. Humans get crazy horny and have an instinct to pair bond. It's just part of our condition.

It used to bother me, but not so much anymore. People on TSR have made me realise that it probably will happen one day. I just hope they're right.

ReputationRep:
    People need to realise that being a virgin isn't a bad thing. It will happen at some point. When it will happen? You'll just have to wait

Posted from TSR Mobile

I was 14 when I lost mine...just kind of happened, we were in a relationship for 8 months beforehand and it just kind of led that way, certainly wasn't set on it happening like that but there we go. My advice would be to save yourself for someone special, not just any old person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Silvan Elf)
    I'm nearly 20 and still a virgin. It is beginning to bother me.
    Dude. Patience. You have your whole twenties and thirties to look forward to. Patience. Your first time is the best one you'll have and you don't want your first time to be with a club **** when you're both drunk. Not what you want to hear I know, but I was once like you. I couldn't wait to have sex. I lost my virginity at 23.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Don't really bother me. From what i've been told it sounds heavily overrated due to media

ReputationRep:
    People need to realise that being a virgin isn't a bad thing. It will happen at some point. When it will happen? You'll just have to wait

Posted from TSR Mobile
    amen

ReputationRep:
    Brits are obsessed with sex and you're seen as a weirdo if you lose your virginity after a certain age...meh. It really isn't that big a deal, people should do it when they feel ready to rather than listen to what society or their friends might think.

ReputationRep:
    I'll start caring when I start trying and failing. Then and only then will I be slightly concerned. But now, 17 year old single me is focussing on work.

Poll
Are you chained to your phone?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.