Would Colleges accept me for A-Level Physics?

Watch
JAIYEKO
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hiya so the requirements for A-Level Physics are BB in Core and Additional, and a B in Maths (or higher)

The problem is that I didn't do Additional Science. I only did Core but managed to get a B. Maths I got an A* and Infact I got one of the highest maths marks in UK.

What do you think? Alongside physics I'm doing Further Maths, Maths and Geology so they all relate simultaneously
k4l397
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The fact you got maths at A* would help you a lot. Provided you are competent with maths and have a basic understanding in physics you should be fine. I'd ask colleges what they do in their physics course, then look up the specification. I know for OCR that the electronics section is basically the same as GCSE P6 for content (except it doesn't have motors or this diode thing I can't remember or step up / step down transformers or logic gates :P). Also learning or revising basic waves would be helpful. I'm pretty sure colleges will accept you but it might benefit you to learn some of the other GCSE content like mentioned above.

Just to give you an example, someone in my year (who's redoing year 12) hadn't done physics GCSE for 2 years and got accepted for doing a basic SUVAT test (also something I probably should have mentioned above). As long as you can do the maths it's just a case of learning/understanding the physics.
Exon
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You'll find it hard to convince people that you're capable.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (13)
7.39%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (29)
16.48%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (24)
13.64%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (48)
27.27%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (33)
18.75%

Watched Threads