The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website

Introvert at Newcastle?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by damifawehinmi98
Hi :h: I'm hoping to do this degree this year, what did you think of it? The course, teachers, did you get to do anything practical e.g. making a film, editing, magazines etc. Thanks!!

Hi,

You can see the current modules for Media, Communication and Cultural Studies here.

There are a lot of optional modules, so it depends on what you pick, but you'll definitely have the opportunity to do practical stuff. A friend of mine is making a zombie movie as their dissertation project!

I'd also recommend getting involved with student media. NUTV have their own cameras and are always looking for people interested in filming, editing and post-production :smile:

Hope that helps!

Persephone
Students on campus at the University of Newcastle
Newcastle University
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
Visit website
Original post by Newcastle University
Hi,

You can see the current modules for Media, Communication and Cultural Studies here.

There are a lot of optional modules, so it depends on what you pick, but you'll definitely have the opportunity to do practical stuff. A friend of mine is making a zombie movie as their dissertation project!

I'd also recommend getting involved with student media. NUTV have their own cameras and are always looking for people interested in filming, editing and post-production :smile:

Hope that helps!

Persephone

Sounds great, thank you :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending