The Student Room Group

Did I do the right thing ? Preferably Pakistanis answer pls

Hi
Ive been friends with this guy for two years and it was good, but a few months ago we started to fall out, he was very persistant in wanting to hang out with me and didnt believe me if I was busy he said I was lying and wasnt contributing to the friendship. When I would talk to a girl or guy he would get angry and insult my friends over twitter or facebook. He would ring me everyday to see what I was doing and would get angry if I didnt answer because I was busy.

Then he came out with it that he was gay and not only had a crush on me he loved me :eek: and he asked me out. I was shocked and told him that I wasnt gay and wasnt going to have a relationship with him. As a friend I told him I would still hang out with him but he needs to control himself and not get angry if I spoke to someone else or whatever. He still wouldnt control himself and would try and touch me inappropriately.When he told me he was gay he thought he could control my life for some reason and kept on being stupid doing petty things like insulting my friends.

So now we have stopped speaking, tbh we were close but we drifted apart after him not being to control himself, I told him so many times to take it easy but he wouldnt and I told him this would ruin our friendship. He wouldnt stop hassling me so I ended our friendship. He knows I wont tell anyone he's gay. But now he's getting an arranged marriage and being the type of person he is as in very persistant and hassling, despite what I said he wouldnt stop. So in terms of our friendship declining and him getting married I felt it would ruin his marriage as he would always keep coming to me and would try to spend more time with me than his to be wife ?

I know we have stopped talking but he'll probably invite me saying he's changed and wont do anything because he's getting married. But then if I show up he'll stilll try talk to me but this will only make it worse as he will still be crushing on me. So all in all im not going to go for sake of his marriage.

So do you think I did the right thing ? Im straight btw
Reply 1
Seems very desperate, avoid though if he keeps disrespecting your friends and your decisions.

His to be wife, Im not gunna even ask lol
Reply 2
I feel so sorry for his to be wife.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending