HIS3J: The State and People: Britain, 1918–1964. 2014 June exam

Watch
J56
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LmaryL)
I'm on this course. My teacher thinks that Lloyd George and the Conservatives are likely to come up after looking through all the past paper questions.
Lloyd George was the first question to ever come up according to my teacher! I don't think they'll repeat it? But I'd love a question on Lloyd George!

Posted from TSR Mobile
J56
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Holly1995xx)
Same, although I get confused sometimes cos my teacher is still teaching us the course content from 1951-1964, so I keep getting mixed up with what I've revised and what I haven't!
Really? What have you got left? We finished in march! Mind you our teacher gave us notes from 1951-64 so we didn't write so it saved more time for revision!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Holly1995xx
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by J56)
Really? What have you got left? We finished in march! Mind you our teacher gave us notes from 1951-64 so we didn't write so it saved more time for revision!

Posted from TSR Mobile

We've gotta cover the EEC, economics in the 1960's, consensus politics and a few other things. We've just covered the 1951 election.

Do you have any predictions on what might come up in the exam?
J56
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We've gotta cover the EEC, economics in the 1960's, consensus politics and a few other things. We've just covered the 1951 election.

Do you have any predictions on what might come up in the exam?
Rule consensus politics out! It's already come up I think mass communications or something? What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Holly1995xx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by J56)
Rule consensus politics out! It's already come up I think mass communications or something? What about you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Looking through past exam papers, the Conservatives and the economy have been pretty popular so maybe one of them might come up again. I don't want mass communication to come up because we haven't really covered it in any detail. >_<
aliyah08
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes, it refers to his policies. The main phrase our teacher has been drumming into us is his "presidential style" ie. he rarely consulted other members of his party or other parties before making decisions. Chanak is a perfect example for this. Hope this helps, good luck!

Also, this is a plan for a question from the June 2010 question that sounds quite similar to the one you mentioned.

Wow, thank you so much! This really helped me!
aliyah08
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by J56)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I will walk out of the exam if mass communications comes up. I would not be able to write 45 marks worth on that!
Rachelclamp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What does everyone mean mass communications!?
Holly1995xx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rachelclamp)
What does everyone mean mass communications!?
I think it means like radio and the introduction of cinema although I'm not completely sure cos my teacher hasn't taught it to us...
Holly1995xx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aliyah08)
I will walk out of the exam if mass communications comes up. I would not be able to write 45 marks worth on that!

My teacher hasn't even taught it to us so if it comes up, I'm screwed... I'm focusing my revision on everything except that :P
Holly1995xx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by aliyah08)
Wow, thank you so much! This really helped me!
You're welcome, glad I could help
J56
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah it means things like the media! I'm not sure if I should miss it since it's on the specification and it's never come up?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Rachelclamp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We were never taught that last year, what government does it come under or is it something thats across them all?
studentone
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Can the 1964 election come up?
J56
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rachelclamp)
We were never taught that last year, what government does it come under or is it something thats across them all?
It's under the national government! It looks at mass communications and transport!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Holly1995xx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by studentone)
Can the 1964 election come up?
Not specifically, although there has been a question about the Conservative government of 1964 and the economy.
J56
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My ideal paper would be Lloyd George,post war consensus, and impact of ww1

Posted from TSR Mobile
muzika
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
My ideal paper anything after 1929 and no Baldwin or general strike

Posted from TSR Mobile
OhMaxine94
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Petal96)
I despise this course
You are not alone!
J56
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by OhMaxine94)
You are not alone!
I third that! 🙊

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (164)
43.97%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (42)
11.26%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (31)
8.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (79)
21.18%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (35)
9.38%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (22)
5.9%

Watched Threads