The Student Room Group

Job for French student in the London?

Hey, I'm Asma and i'am Belgian student in Marketing!

I have several questions. I want to work in England but i don't know what to do ...

Do hire French students, for 1 month in Summer ?
Could you give me a (free) Website, which offers jobs for foreigners ?

If you have further information, or the steps to obtain a job ...

I wanted to know if in london, compagny easily engaged Foreign students who do not speak English fluently? To which post I should directed?

THX
Reply 1
Honestly, it can be quite easy for foreigners to get short-time contracts in 'the' London, but I don't think you'd really be able to get one for one month.
I think the best thing would be to avoid spending hours trawling online, and just get together a good CV, and then print out as many copies as you can, and spend a solid weekend the moment you get here handing those out, being as smart and personable as possible. Leicester Square is a great place to start - every building is a cafe/restaurant and most will definitely hire many non-English employees for waitressing/hosting... you just really have to get the CVs out there and make sure you're handing them to the manager, not just the first employee you see. I would suggest not telling them you can only work for a month; it will really lessen your chances if you make that known. Good luck. (:

Quick Reply

Latest