The Student Room Group

Biology revision question

I am doing AS level biology , exam board AQA. The exam boards text book contains a lot of information which past papers and the specification don't mention. I don't know wheatear it's worth me reading those sections or focusing on what the spec says can come up. I'm finding biology has a lot of content so was wondering if this is a way to cut it down. I don't want to do this then see the exam in May/June with it on. What should I do?
Original post by Anonymous 14
I am doing AS level biology , exam board AQA. The exam boards text book contains a lot of information which past papers and the specification don't mention. I don't know wheatear it's worth me reading those sections or focusing on what the spec says can come up. I'm finding biology has a lot of content so was wondering if this is a way to cut it down. I don't want to do this then see the exam in May/June with it on. What should I do?

You can't predict what will come up and if you carry on to A2, you have to do a synoptic essay which requires knowledge outside of the syllabus. What you wish to leave out could help you next year or come up this year.

If you think you can manage without it then fine, but I'd recommend learning it. Good luck :smile:
Reply 2
Original post by Anonymous 14

Firstly, focus on what the examboard tells you to study. Once you're done with your basic concepts, you can study them--not minutely--but perhaps enough to know what they are about. But basics first.
Print of the specification from your exam boards website and make your notes and revision based on that. A lot of the time textbooks can contain quite a bit of info which you don't really need, it's mainly just there to add a bit of extra context to what you're learning so it makes more sense :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending