The Student Room Group

Which University should I choose for LAW?

I have offers from University of Glasgow, Edinburgh, Bristol and Warwick.
Most Rankings of Top LAW unis show them in the above mentioned order. Personally, I am torn between Bristol and Edinburgh :/

Also, if anyone has done LAW from Edinburgh, what firms do the graduates normally get into? I know Dundas and Wilson (D&W) is a major 'intaker'.
Also, can I do a conversion course to English Law in the fourth year?
Reply 1
Original post by Vasu.Dev
Most Rankings of Top LAW unis show them in the above mentioned order. Personally, I am torn between Bristol and Edinburgh :/

Also, if anyone has done LAW from Edinburgh, what firms do the graduates normally get into? I know Dundas and Wilson (D&W) is a major 'intaker'.

if you are torn just between the two then visit them and see which you like best.

Most Edinburgh graduates go into Scottish firms.

You cannot do a conversion course at either Edinburgh or Glasgow to English law. You would need to do the GDL in England.

Dundas and Wilson, the largest Scottish law firm has just been taken over by an English law firm.
Reply 3

@Vasu.dev...r u an Indian?...Then I think Bristol would be the best option for you coz it s recognized by the Bar council of India.. if you wish to practice there in India after completing your degree then just go for it...
(edited 10 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending