merlynct
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I'm doing Broken Glass for A level English Lit, does anyone have any good revison/analysis notes on themes, characters etc.? or any recommended websites that have any good material? I've looked online, and there's barely anything on it? So any help at all would be much appreciated!
xxshystarxx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hello, I'm studying Broken Glass too, and I'm finding it hard to find any good stuff about Broken Glass as well~
Mind if I ask which copy of the text you have? I have one by methuendrama and there's a very good commentary at the beginning just to give you an insight on the context/themes etc, but that's all I really have so far D:
merlynct
Rep:
?
Oh I've got the same copy! I haven't read the commentary at the beginning, I'll have a look at it thanks!
Have you got any good notes that you could share or anything?
xxshystarxx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hmm, I've looked through everything my teacher has given me, but unfortunately they're mainly how to structure/revise for the exam, rather than actual hard stuff about the play - unless those were what you were looking for? ._. Sorry~!
litfreak010
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I've got some great revision notes and I'm top of my class with never to yet to drop a mark on the course. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask me anything?
Joe, Dictator of Literature.
xxshystarxx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by litfreak010)
I've got some great revision notes and I'm top of my class with never to yet to drop a mark on the course. If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask me anything?
IN THIS CASE WOULD BE ABLE TO GIVE ME SOME LAST MINUTE HELP? D:
I recently received my coursework back for my creative writing and prose study which was a massive disappointment, and the only way I could get my grade up is to get almost full marks on the exam.

But the problem is, I've kept getting around 20/30 (in total around 40/60) when I do practice papers, and the teachers aren't helpful in advising me how I should improve. I'm studying Broken Glass for the drama, and Plath and Hughes for the poems. Any ideas? *cries* I hope I'm making sense.

I think the problem is just I don't know how to structure, or how to analyse language/form/structure as in depth, or how to integrate critical statements for my poems side etc. etc.
lilyfarakish
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi Joe, would you please be able to send me copies of your notes? Struggling especially with the themes e.g. what points to make with what evidence that miller presents issues surrounding physical intimacy
many thanks, would be appreciated!!
merlynct
Rep:
?
(Original post by lilyfarakish)
Hi Joe, would you please be able to send me copies of your notes? Struggling especially with the themes e.g. what points to make with what evidence that miller presents issues surrounding physical intimacy
many thanks, would be appreciated!!
Yeah same, I'm doing Larkin and Abse for poetry, but I find Broken Glass alot harder to deal with. Do you have any revison notes on the themes of Broken Glass etc. and important points in the play that link to each theme?
xxshystarxx
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Do any of you guys actually understand how to answer Broken Glass? I'm still unsure on how to structure, or what kind of points I should be making to get into the top band.
1406Chloe
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by litfreak010)
Hi Joe! Any chance that you'd be able to share any notes or something? and tips on how to get into the top marks, cause I just can't seem to get into that top band..
lucykins14
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hi, I'm doing broken glass for AS too, I think its mainly that you stick to the question, and do loads of detail, so like, say you make a point about gellburg, really expand on it and add contexts and bits from other scenes and stuff. My exams tommorow, so I think yours must be too? Good luck!!
_javeriya08
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I have the same exam!
At the moment, I am just going over the themes within the text and seeing how I would link themes together.
In regards to essay writing, introduced the play i.e where it is set, the protagonists etc and then begin to answer your question in the intro.
Your body should then develop what you have stated in the intro.
Always link back to Jewishness/anti-Semitism/kristallnact(The night of the broken glass) as they are central to the plot.
InesStearman
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I have my exam in two weeks on broken glass and there is no good material on it or how to structure it. Having massive problems with how to analyse the language. Would anyone be able to help?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (288)
55.81%
I don't have everything I need (228)
44.19%

Watched Threads