The Big Bang Theory
Reading
Sleeping
MalteseMalteser
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Hey there alevelalice and welcome to TSR!

What period of History are you studying? I'm guessing it's A level history? I did Ancient History and absolutely loved it, but I also love WWII history!

You and I share interests; I love Lord of the Rings, although I prefer Star Wars in the battle of "which nerdy series is better?" which always seems to occur on TSR. I've recently completed a Harry Potter marathon too, although I much prefer the books to the films - which in my opinion seemed to get worse after the Goblet of Fire. I love the Big Bang Theory too! A lot of people compare me to Leonard, which I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing haha! And as much as I love reading, I don't do enough sleeping - apart from at weekends

Feel free to browse the Forums, there's a lot in the Entertainment forums and you might find the subject specific forums helpful for your subjects

MalteseMalteser

(Original post by alevelalice)
I'm studying... biology
English Literature
Drama
History

I'm interested in... Lord of the Rings
Harry Potter
The Big Bang Theory
Reading
Sleeping
alevelalice
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
MalteseMalteser

HI!
Akk, I Wish I was studying ancient history because I love how different it is to today but at the moment we are studying the unification of Italy, which isn't boring but not the same as a good old crusade in my opinion.
I love star wars (but have to admit I haven't seen it in quite a while), but I prefer the storyline of Lord of The Rings as theres more to it than in star wars in my opinion.
WOW! I would love to do a Harry Potter marathon but like you say theres no comparison between the films and the books!
I'm sure being compared to Leonard is a good thing... unless it's a reference to the bed wetting, in which case maybe not so much I wish my friends thought I was like Penny haha but unfortunately apparently I'm more like Howard... which I'm pretty sure can't be a compliment.
Thanks for the advice, I'm still trying to find my way around the site.
(Original post by MalteseMalteser)
Hey there alevelalice and welcome to TSR!

What period of History are you studying? I'm guessing it's A level history? I did Ancient History and absolutely loved it, but I also love WWII history!

You and I share interests; I love Lord of the Rings, although I prefer Star Wars in the battle of "which nerdy series is better?" which always seems to occur on TSR. I've recently completed a Harry Potter marathon too, although I much prefer the books to the films - which in my opinion seemed to get worse after the Goblet of Fire. I love the Big Bang Theory too! A lot of people compare me to Leonard, which I don't know if it's a good thing or a bad thing haha! And as much as I love reading, I don't do enough sleeping - apart from at weekends

Feel free to browse the Forums, there's a lot in the Entertainment forums and you might find the subject specific forums helpful for your subjects

MalteseMalteser
MalteseMalteser
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by alevelalice)
MalteseMalteser

HI!
Akk, I Wish I was studying ancient history because I love how different it is to today but at the moment we are studying the unification of Italy, which isn't boring but not the same as a good old crusade in my opinion.
I love star wars (but have to admit I haven't seen it in quite a while), but I prefer the storyline of Lord of The Rings as theres more to it than in star wars in my opinion.
WOW! I would love to do a Harry Potter marathon but like you say theres no comparison between the films and the books!
I'm sure being compared to Leonard is a good thing... unless it's a reference to the bed wetting, in which case maybe not so much I wish my friends thought I was like Penny haha but unfortunately apparently I'm more like Howard... which I'm pretty sure can't be a compliment.
Thanks for the advice, I'm still trying to find my way around the site.
Ahh the crusades are interesting, but nothing can get me away from the ancient battles and the tyranny of some of the rulers of old, not to mention the countless classical books that were recounting the periods events.
Did you know that Star Wars is loosely based upon the Ancient Romans around the time of Emperor Augustus?
Hmm that is kind of true I guess, I liked them equally a few years ago but since I was brought up with Star Wars pretty much since birth, I kind of like it more (plus I like the futuristic setting compared to the medieval setting - but then Star Wars was set "A long time ago, in a galaxy far far away" hinting that it's in the past, confusing much? )
Nahh I think it's due to the nerdy side of me, I also correct people like Sheldon doe though!
I liked Howard though, his countless innuendos brought humour to the show in an area a lot of people avoid

If you need any help about the site just holler and I'll help you out!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Current uni students - are you thinking of dropping out of university?

Yes, I'm seriously considering dropping out (87)
13.92%
I'm not sure (30)
4.8%
No, I'm going to stick it out for now (198)
31.68%
I have already dropped out (13)
2.08%
I'm not a current university student (297)
47.52%

Watched Threads