The Student Room Group

Please help me I have no self confidence

I am 15. I used to be in the sort of "Hard crew" at school and basically got in trouble a lot. My best friend left school.

After he left I stopped acting the way I used to getting in trouble all the time and I lost a lot of self confidence. This was two years ago and I am still struggling. I still have friends but not as many as I used to. Also I'm really nervous around girls and I didn't use to be. There's this girl I like and we got on really well when we used to share a class. This year she is not in a single class with me. We used to talk a lot on facebook but this stopped due to exams. I want to ask to meet up with her in person on facebook but am far too nervous. I also don't know how I would cope with rejection and there is not much in out town so I'm not sure where I would even take her. What do I do I am struggling to live as normal because of this.
Well you are not alone self confidence is something I have always struggled with to the point of social anxiety. Funnily enough although I still struggle one thing that really helped was when I joined sixth form! They sort of force you to become more confident by making you do things you are not comfortable with. It improved so much I even applied for headgirl. Had to write a personal statement and do a presentation infront of loads of people. I made it into tge final four and became a senior prefect. So my advice is. Do something that forces you to be confident. It will be hard and you will be nauseous at first but it really helps. And remember take it one step at a time!
There are also ways to fake confidence. Many people deep down are shy but know how to pretend not to be!
Reply 3
Acting confident will improve your confidence (placebo effect). Try putting yourself in uncomfortable situations as well.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending