The Student Room Group

Grants/loands for living costs... am I eligible?

Hello!

I am a Spanish student of languages and I am new on this forum (which by the way seems to be very good and useful!).

I'm struggling quite a lot to get all the student finance stuff sorted out, so I thought that maybe someone of you here could give ma a hand! I am currently in Spain and I will shortly be moving to England in order to start my undergraduate studies. I have tried to gather as much info as I could regarding what I am entitled to in terms of financial help for living costs.

As far as I'm aware, EU students who haven't lived in the UK for at least 3 years before starting their course are only eligible for student loans (as it is explained on https://www.gov.uk/student-finance/who-qualifies).

However, it also says that: " You may also be eligible if your residency status is one of the following: EU national, or family member of one".
And that's exactly my case... but I don't quite understand what that "may also be eligible" stands for. So, if any of you has seen themself in the same situation or know anything about eligibility for applying for a living cost grant/loan, please let me know!

Thanks in advance!
(edited 10 years ago)
You are only entitled to a tuition loan. No further funding at all unless you have lived here 3 years.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending